Manage day-to-day operations of server environment. Conduct daily operational procedures in the server and storage management environment. Document procedures for daily operations. Perform technical configuration changes to support the server environment. Understand and make configuration changes to Servers as needed for core support and project deployment activities. Conduct configuration management including server configuration, software deployment, physical server moves, hardware refresh, connectivity changes, and other modifications required by business operations. Work with end-users on access control, account configuration, personal and departmental data connectivity, print service modifications, data restoration, and generic troubleshooting. Advise on physical planning issues. Support and manage backup operations and media management. Support occasional after-hours and weekend change activities.
- Previous experience handling external vendors, server problem resolution, escalation and after-hours support.
- Proven experience reporting and managing professional inquiries by business partners and vendors.
- Experience consulting for storage options, project management and business partners to determine server and storage requirements and recommend solutions in accordance with standard system procedures.
- Experience with Active Directory, HP Servers, Windows Server 2003, 2008,
- Experience with Networking principles.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities to handle multiple projects and operations
- Working experience with large complex infrastructures.
- Will require evening/weekend work and some travel within local server area at employees own expense.
- Extensive Windows 2003/2008 Server Administrations working with high ticket volumes
- OS Builds, Print Queues, and maintain high performance distributed systems 24/7
- Be fanatical about performance and performance monitoring
- Extensive experience with distributed computing, performance analysis, network -protocols, data storage subsystems, and backup.
- EMC SAN, NETAPP NAS, EMC NAS, Data Domain/Netbackup, and TSM.
- Some working experience with Remedy, ITIL, MS Project, Visio
- MCITP Certification, VM WARE, Red Hat, Linux, MSSQL, Oracle
Must have solid server operating systems experience (2 to 6 years)
- Implement and support all Server related requests on time and within budget mainly through Remedy incident and service request tickets.
- Coordinate and facilitate moves, add changes, for Servers under general supervision of the team lead or IT Manager
- Provide administrative support (eg writing documentation for tickets, updating and maintaining logs, etc.)
- Responsible for all internal and vendor server inventory records of equipment and consistency of installation standards.
- Performs all server asset management functions including all of the elements of monitoring and tracking of hardware and software assets
- Measure, report, and monitor metrics associated with the delivery of services (eg against established Service Level Agreements)
- Oversee vendors to ensure they properly handle the daily operations of Servers.
- Adhere and comply with Daily Ticket Metrics/MTTR
- Need to be flexible with work hours, on call, etc
- Responsible for maintaining ~175 Servers in the region 24/7
- Conduct additional work as outlined in job description.
Ticket management experience, good customer service skills.
Flexible hours required including nights and weekends.
JobServe USA - 12 months ago