Cray is looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer to support the European sales account managers in promoting and selling Cray storage in the high-performance computing (HPC) market and participate in driving solutions for customers in the European marketplace.
This position will require 20 - 50% travel, depending on location and business opportunities
- Presenting Cray storage architectural benefits and features to prospective customers.
- Configuring Cray systems and storage to meet customer requirements cost-effectively.
- Responding to customer RFPs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Working with the Cray account managers in crafting cost-effective Cray storage solutions.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in the storage industries is required, direct experience in the HPC market a plus
- In-depth storage hardware and software knowledge and experience, especially with respect to disk systems, parallel and network file systems and Linux Knowledge of storage fabrics and protocols (Infiniband, Fibre Channel, iSCSI)
- Experience with storage appliance-type products, TSM and/or HSM solutions are advantages
- Storage benchmarking experience is desirable
This position will require 20%-50% travel, depending upon location and business opportunities
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate Cray Storage products and solutions to customers effectively
- Ability to design storage solutions that meet customer requirements and budget
- The ability to complete projects on time with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and collaborate with others, both internal and external to the company
- Ability and willingness to develop skills in new technologies and products quickly
- Success in working in a fast-paced, changing environment; strong sense of urgency
Cray - 12 months ago
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....