System Admin (Storage) shall be responsible for installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting and administration of:
- SGI IRIX based OS
- SGI Systems with direct attached and FC SAN attached storage
- Network Appliance clustered servers with direct attached and FC SAN storage
- Network Appliance and SGI IRIX supported applications
- Mulit-vendor clustered filesystems such as GPFS, Lustre
- Brocade FC switch network
- Enterprise class arrays
- Solid State Disk
- NFS/CIFS base server/storage appliance
- Data Domain and similar deduplication products
- Cloud based storage solutions such as HADOOP, ad IBM BigInsights
- Trouble ticket management utilizing Remedy Required Education:
Bachelors and 8+ year(s) related experience Required Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar degree or equivalent experience,Employees in California must have a Bachelor’s degree in the applicable field, or an applicable certification, equivalent certificate or any required license. Equivalent experience will not be considered. Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science or related field and 10 yrs demonstrable experience in system administration and support of large client-server based IT enterprise; OR 5 yrs full-time computer science work may substitute for Bachelor's degree with 10 years additional demonstrable experience. Industry recognized professional certificate may substitute as one year experience. In addition to the skills described above: - Experience shall include installation, configuration, networking of UNIX / NT based platforms. Experience includes: creating, modifying, deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, maintaining system configuration files. - Fundamental understanding of operating systems and familiarity with UNIX or NT commands or utilities at user level. - Installation/configuration of hardware, operating systems, commercial software. - develop/implement enterprise backup / recovery strategies, server configuration/consolidation, verification of health/status of entire IT infrastructure. - Experience in support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, e-mail services, security protection mechanisms, and interoperabity of UNIX and NT based systems. Preferred Skills:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ...
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...