Storage and Backup Engineer Technology Consultant V
· Usually responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is usually the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
· Regularly leads large cross functional teams to include technical management of client staff assigned to implementation team in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverables.
· Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet customer expectations. May need to develop new methods to apply to situations.
· Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to proposal efforts, solution design. Provides consulting advice to customer senior Information Technology (IT) leadership and sets strategic direction for customers based on HP’s solutions and products.
· Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions, yet works independently to drive technical problems to a solution.
· Produces strategies which assist HP in becoming No. 1 in the market place.
· Actively participates in HP professions program and Practice Improvement activities. Role
· models knowledge sharing and
· Re-use within practice or profession. Proactively encourages Leads technically significant work on enterprise scale projects. Is recognized by peers as an expert in a particular area of technology. Sustained and consistent contribution at the region level.
Education and Experience Required:
12+ years of professional experience and a Master of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a Masters degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (15+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Demonstrates ability to develop solutions that can be used at multiple customer sites to enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of their enterprise. Develops reusable solutions and workarounds that are innovative and demonstrate a deep technical knowledge of the affected products, processes, and the customer environment. Breadth of knowledge covers additional business units, third parties, competitors, and business drivers.
· Recognized as an advanced subject matter expert of Information Technology (IT) products, applied technologies and processes, combining vendor interoperability knowledge pertaining to complex IT infrastructures. May define interoperability issues between vendors’ products. Is a recognized expert in one or more technologies across an HP Services (HPS) region. Holds a vendor or industry certification in more than one discipline area. Regularly represents HPS at industry recognized technical events.
· Has performed troubleshooting across a number of significant multi-vendor products.
· Has demonstrated innovation and ability to communicate new offerings across multiple business units. Has led a cross functional team in the delivery of multiple solutions across multiple technologies.
· Ability to operate and present at all levels, and in public forums, to facilitate business discussions, and controls and leads those discussions.
· Demonstrates ability to represent the whole organization within a customer sales presentation, conveying the benefits of working with the business. Ability to lead production of proposals, working across departments, for complex customer solutions. Able to lead, coach and mentor others in consulting skills.
· Demonstrates ability to develop and win new opportunities through application of consulting skills. Maintains and develops client engagements which are strategic.
· Ability to relate risks and challenges with other client efforts.
· Ability to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures. Ability to develop Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements to technologies.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
HP - 2 years ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...