As a Store Baker , you will perform all duties and responsibilities of Bakery Service TM position. Will mix, divide, shape, proof, and bake all bread and bakery products. Supports the Store Lead Baker, Bakery Team Leader and Regional Coordinator in maintaining regional standards. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of Bakery Service TM.
- Perform all duties related to all baking sanitation, and stocking of all bakery products.
- Provide courteous, friendly and efficient Customer Service.
- Maintain, organize, clean, stock and rotate daily received walk-in products.
- Assist in the purchasing of items and ingredients for the Bakery department.
- Keep accurate mix times and temp logs.
- Mix, divide, shape, proof and bake to ensure consistency in daily production.
- Communicate daily production needs and information with other Bakery TMs.
- Proper labeling and dating of all products.
- Maintain and continually clean and keep department organized.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding margin and sales targets.
Request and insure proper signs for all sale items.
- Participate in regional promotions program.
- Controls spoilage: generate turn movement; and participates in monthly inventory.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive vendor relationships.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Experience in all aspects of bread production.
- Ability to follow a production schedule and to prioritize tasks.
- Good communication and organizational skills, excellent math skills
- Ability to take direction and follow directions and recipes.
- Thorough knowledge of Bakery and juice bar products industry trend as well as nutritional information.
- Willingness to taste and evaluate all products offered in department
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate Quality Goals to customers.
- Ability to work well and communicate with others as a part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understand the importance of all waste, spoilage and transfers to department.
- Ability to learn proper and safe usage of steam kettle, hot plate and Hobart mixer
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: 1.00
Benefits Category: 1
Close Date: 08/09/2013
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...