Accept payments for purchase from customer, count, verify and document cash receipts, and perform sales and processing assignments as directed; contribute to the mission of Goodwill by portraying a positive image and maximizing revenues of the organization, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
1. Greet and respond to customers. Assist customers with their needs, answer merchandise questions, inform them of special sales and provide information or assistance to facilitate sales.
2. Set up cash drawers for daily transactions, count and verify cash. Verify item pricing; accept payments from customers; count and distribute change and issue receipt.
3. Handle customer problems, discounts, exchanges, voids, and returns as directed by organization policies.
4. Answer customer phone calls, answer questions and/or direct call to correct recipient.
5. Assist to receive goods from donors, answer questions and issue receipts as needed.
6. Stock, arrange, and maintain merchandise in store. Place wares in proper location, pull clothes per rotation policy guidelines, hang and re-hang clothing, and make certain items are clean, orderly, in good shape and not broken.
7. Assist to check dressing rooms; remove clothing, hangers, and debris. Clean and vacuum area.
8. Process clothes and wares as needed.
9. Remain observant of all activity in store to identify theft and prevent shrinkage.
10. Perform any range of assignments or special projects as requested.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
2. Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
3. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
4. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Experience and education equivalent to High School Diploma or GED preferred.
2. Minimum one (1) year previous cashier, sales or public contact experience preferred.
3. Basic math skills are needed; ability to count accurately, including ability to return correct change.
4. Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand verbal/written instructions.
5. Ability to follow instructions and attentive to details.
6. Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner; excellent customer service skills.
7. Ability to work inconsistent and atypical hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
1. Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping, bending and bagging of goods
2. Prolonged periods of standing and walking
3. Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs. minimum
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Cash register, telephone, hangers, racks, dust mops, brooms, carts, vacuum, lift gear and other standard store and safety equipment.