Tommy Bahama defines relaxed, sophisticated, island-inspired living, with a complete collection of men’s and women’s sportswear, denim, swimwear, accessories, a complete home collection and restaurants. Tommy Bahama is looking for a qualified Senior Design Manager, Store Development to join our efforts to create an island lifestyle that inspires the world to relax.
This position is responsible for managing the tactical aspects of the design direction for Tommy Bahama retail store and restaurant locations. This role is accountable for the development of approved design concepts and 3d models, managing the mid-to-end stage details of approved fixtures, materials, and finishes related to each design package, and the subsequent application of design concepts.
This position is responsible for administrative duties related to the purchase order cycle, sample/resource library management, and the replenishment process for current stores' fixture/props and presentation elements that are part of the approved/respective store design package
KEY RESULTS AREAS
New Store Development Process:
- New Store Development - Schematic Design and Design Development
- Architectural/Consultant Collaboration
- Restaurant & Store Remodel Management
- Fixed and Freestanding Visual Display Design
- FF&E Sourcing and Research
- Material review and selection
- Research and Educate Corporate Affiliates
- Meet and collaborate with TB Real Estate/Leasing
- Initial Site Visit / Assessment as needed
- Receive LOD (Lease Outline Drawings)
- Evaluate region and appropriate store design direction with Creative Services/Design Director & Leadership Team
- Initiate space plan to determine feasibility.
- Space plan would include but not be limited to multiple option of cabinet/fixture layout, cash wrap/back wrap locations, fitting rooms, rough BOH plan with toilet room location(s)
- Study façade (storefront/windows) in 3D, review with Design Director, Retail Operations
- Present to Retail Operations and Leadership Team; review options and select final direction
To be successful – inspiration/direction of the TB brand or seasonal changes will be provided by and/or reviewed with creative services, be-it on-site/travel, books/design magazines, seasonal photo shoot review etc.
- Continue development of approved drawings (drawings to be approved by leadership team, retail operations, creative VP)
- Engage external Architectural team to collaborate on feasibility of design, engineering and final construction documents
- Construction documents produced by external Architect in accordance with Tommy Bahama design direction; Collaborate as needed to successfully interpret design direction and execution
- Site visits as needed, punch list is an absolute
Imperative to stay current on retail trends, design and construction trends, i.e. lighting efficiencies, millwork and fixture
Fixture Design – development of fixtures to be initiated based on the direction of the brand, geographical locations, merchandising needs, etc. This position would maintain responsibility of fixture development and design, but will lead the store design manager in the final execution of the products and orders. OR once design is established, the Design Director will work with Director of Merchandising to establish quantities/needs and will direct store design manager in the final ordering process. Senior Design Manager will review shop drawings/engineering with Design Manager to ensure quality of final production.
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Generally requires 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines, meet deadlines and work independently
- Must be organized, have excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills and poses a high standard for details of design issues
- Competency in developing partnerships, collaborating and managing outward needs, & expectations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites, highly efficient in AutoCAD and 3D rendering programs (i.e. SketchUp) and hand-sketching
- Competent sense of budgeting
- Familiarity with regards to construction documents and current working knowledge of building & health codes and compliance issues
- Ability to manage outside architectural, MEP and other design consultants
- Ability to manage design team, provide direction, education and insight to design development
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations
About Tommy Bahama
Tommy Bahama is part of Tommy Bahama Group, Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Oxford Industries, Inc. (NYSE:OXM)....