Position: Store Floor Lead
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Store Manager
The first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle's Pike Place Market in 1972 selling hard-to-find kitchenware imported from France. Since then the company has expanded to more than 75 stores nationwide, a direct-mail business distributing millions of catalogs each year, an e-commerce site, a gift registry, and a cooking class program.
Sur La Table prides itself in being the premiere retailer for creative cooking and artful entertaining through a legacy in culinary innovation, authenticity and discovery. If you have a passion for exceptional customer service and authentic culinary tools and serving pieces from around the world, we welcome you to join Sur La Table as part of our team
Floor Leads are a vital part of the management team and must ensure that our customer’s expectations are exceeded. In order to be successful they must be highly engaged on the floor while driving and achieving daily sales results. Floor leads must be competent in problem solving, determining and communicating priorities, and developing sales associates.
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
Job Requirements (including, but not limited to):
- Ability to achieve and communicate store metrics and standards.
- Capable of fulfilling all MOD (Manager on Duty) requirements.
- Ensures open/closing checklist is followed.
- Maintain and carry out Loss Prevention critical controls daily.
- Responsible for carrying out visual and operational standards including shipments, RTV’s, MOS, floor-set directives, and store maintenance.
- Initiate and follow up on corporate directives, communication.
- Communicate obstacles and concerns to manager timely.
- Initiates training and uses available resources to enhance product knowledge.
- Must be proficient in all Sales Associate responsibilities.
- A desire to continue up the management chain, willingness to take on added responsibility
- Proven sales ability with at least one year of retail sales experience
- Proficient in retail POS systems
- Must have supervisory skills, able to prioritize floor activities and direct sales associates appropriately and timely
- Ability to initiate course correction as appropriate
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends as business dictates
- Must be able to climb ladders on a regular basis
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis
In 1972, the first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It was a place where serious cooks found a surprising selection...