Store Leader in Training
Over 110 years ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of treating customers the way he wanted to be treated: Fair and Square. Today, rooted in this rich legacy, we are re-imagining every aspect of our business in order to reclaim our birthright and become America’s favorite store. The truth is, we’re fine growing old. We’re not fine with growing stale. So we are throwing open the windows and letting in some fresh air. With 1,100 stores and jcp.com, we’re focused on delivering an exciting, new shopping experience that is in sync with the rhythm of our customers’ lives through exceptionally curated merchandise, artful presentation and unmatched customer service. Most critical to our success is enlisting the industry’s best talent to fuel our transformation and help change the way America shops for goods.
Reporting to the District Leader, the Store Leader will lead and engage the store team to deliver fair and square service to our customers and execute our transformation strategy to become America’s favorite store.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Maintains a positive and inclusive team relations environment by championing and supporting Team Member and Leader needs in the Store.
- Ensures the Fair and Square experience remains an on-going focus of the Store.
- Drives sales and profit through leading the team to deliver on the brand vision daily
- Communicates the company vision and direction to the teams which clearly define success and inspire execution and results.
- Creates and fosters a culture that provides Store Leadership and Team Members with ongoing coaching in the moment, training and career counseling.
jcpenney is transforming itself to become “America’s Favorite Store”
- 8+ years Store Manager or above experience
- Demonstrated success and skills in sourcing, training and development of top talent
- Strong skills in relating to others and team communication
- Embraces and cultivates a fair and square team and customer experience
- High energy leader that embraces and elevates team engagement
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We are committed to diversity. jcpenney is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...