Job Title: Store Managment
McLendon Hardware Retail Home Improvement Stores are looking for Managers in King County & Pierce County
***MUST BE A MOTIVATED PROFESSIONAL FOCUSED ON ACHIEVING PERFECTION IN RETAIL***
Store Management Position Description
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management preferred
- 3+ years of progressive retail management experience
- Proficient in the use of computers, including: MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), POS and Inventory Systems
- Strong customer service with proficient written and verbal English abilities (Bilingual a plus)
- Strong P & L knowledge
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and motivating the store team to increase sales and ensure efficiency
- Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control
- Analyzing sales figures and forecasting future sales and staffing needs to maximize profits
- Analyzing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning
- Using information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning
- Dealing with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance
reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Resolving health and safety, legal and security issues
- Responding to customer complaints and comments
- Promoting the organization locally by liaising with local schools, chambers, newspapers, and the general community
- Organizing special promotions, displays and events
- Attending and chairing meetings
- Updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- Touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, identifying and resolving urgent issues
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring local competitors
- Initiating changes to improve business
Workplace and Schedule Candidates will need to be willing to work early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays and extended shifts. Candidates will be required to pass a background check, credit check, and drug screen. During the training/on boarding process, they may be transferred one or more times to different store locations and will be expected to adapt to these new environments quickly and easily.
Management job description is subject to change progressively as there is growth in business.
Click the 'Apply Now' link below
McLendon Hardware is a family-owned business that has served our local communities since 1926. We operate stores and warehouses in both King and Pierce counties. From our flagship store in Renton to Woodinville, Kent, White Center, Puyallup and Sumner; and from all of our warehouses and company sites; we provide our communities with a huge selection of products; knowledgeable, attentive Employees; and legendary Customer Service.
Compensation can include competitive wages, vacation, Employee purchase discount, medical and dental coverage and other benefits depending on position. And, if you work for a 'big box' or a major retail chain, we encourage you to consider employment with McLendon Hardware -- an Employee-friendly company, "Where People Make the Difference".
McLendon Hardware, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization, committed to building a diverse team equipped with the knowledge sets and skills needed to provide Legendary Customer Service to each of our customers.
McLendon Hardware is a regional, retail home improvement company in the greater Puget Sound area in Washington state.