The Store Manager is the first line representative to Extra Space Storage's customer. This full-time position is responsible for maintaining the daily operations of single or multiple site locations. The position works under the direction of the District Manager and the Divisional Vice President. The Store Manager provides services for single or sometimes multiple locations within a District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Achieves sales objectives and builds revenues through:
Maintains appropriate financial controls and achieves financial goals by:
- Maximizing conversion of telephone and walk-in inquiries into rentals
- Promoting Extra Space Storage in the community
- Recommending and implementing marketing strategies based on competitor information
Maintains timely and accurate administrative processes throughout all job duties by:
- Accurately managing cash and balancing receipts
- Pursuing collections, posting payments and processing daily bank deposits accurately and timely
- Operating within prescribed budgets
- Following up on delinquent accounts
- Approving and forwarding all invoices as required
- Consistently practices effective customer service techniques through:
- Answering phones in a friendly pleasant, and professional manner
- Greeting customers promptly, enthusiastically and professionally
- Knowing and presenting the features and benefits of the property at all opportunities
- Resolving customer issues in a timely and effective manner
Performs other duties as assigned; works with minimum supervision; operates effectively on a team
- Maintaining accurate records for each customer including contracts, insurance and change of address forms, addendums and any correspondence to or from customers
- Effectively utilizes computer systems in the Microsoft Windows environment
- Maintaining accurate merchandise inventory
- Keeping auction files updated and accurate; knows the state’s auction lien laws
- Compiling required and assigned reports and projects correctly and timely
- Consulting the Policy & Procedures manual on a regular basis for answers, clarifications and consistency
- Effectively directs Storage Consultants and maintenance workers to assist with successful running of the facility and accomplishment of duties
- Monitors security system and resolves security problems; performs lock checks on a daily basis
- Regularly audits the physical conditions of a facility; performs minor maintenance in accordance with ESMI’s maintenance standards as well as working with any contractors hired for minor and major improvements
- Ensures that company standards of cleanliness and appearance are met or exceeded
- Assists customers with truck rentals at some locations
Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ESMI seeks employees that have an entrepreneurial, pro-active, "can-do" mentality, a positive attitude, who can handle change, and operates with integrity. Employment with ESMI is contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screening. Employees must have a current driver license and must be able to travel to a number of properties.
Supervisory Responsibilities : The Store Manager supervises Storage Consultants and Maintenance Workers at his/her site in following approved policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience : A High School diploma/GED equivalent and at least two years of related experience and/or training in direct sales, retail and/or customer service is required. Leadership skills and experience supervising others is required. Preference is given for college work or degrees.
Language Skills : Incumbent must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, use a computer, and present information to groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public in English. Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and procedural manuals, and maintenance instructions in English is required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is required. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs is necessary.
Reasoning Ability : Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems, new challenges and change is necessary.
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and to be able to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Regular attendance at the assigned location is required.
Work Environment : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee will generally split time between an office environment and outside work tasks. These outside tasks may need to be performed in either extreme cold or extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
$9.36 - $14.23
Extra Space Storage® Inc. (NYSE: EXR) is a real estate investment trust based in Salt Lake City, Utah with regional offices in...