The Store Manager (SM), is responsible for managing the daily operation of a retail business unit. This includes meeting or exceeding sales and profit goals on a monthly and annual basis while leading a team of professionals that deliver exceptional customer satisfaction. SM is responsible to communicate with his team and his supervisor regularly, insure compliance with all company policies, government regulations, safety standards, and utilize good common sense.
- Must be able walk/stand for extended periods of time, up to 6-8 hours per day.
- Must be able to climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, works near dust or airborne particles
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel for business throughout US and Internationally.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs consistently
- Must be able to ride a bicycle
- Climbing ladders and reaching over head height may be required
Manager is responsible for the sales and profitability of the store which includes but is not limited to:
- Meeting and/or exceeding sales and margin plans
- Achieving expense plans and managing budgets inclusive of payroll
- Cash management inclusive of daily balancing
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Successful and timely completion of administrative details that include but are not limited to: new hires, terminations, inventory management, cash management, etc.
- Routinely conduct audits, take corrective and preventive actions when necessary
- Excellent leadership qualities-must be able to lead and inspire a group of retail associates to exceed targeted goals.
- Must be able to supervise a team of that may include assistant store managers, bicycle maintenance personnel, and sales associates.
- Retail sales background.
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops a motivated team.
- Supervises and coaches team to reinforce success and correct deficiencies when necessary.
- Basic retail operational knowledge - Opening, closing, stock keeping and store keeping.
- Knowledge and experience in using retail POS systems.
- Insures proper inventory levels through execution or communication.
- Delivers on all performance measures consistently-sales and margin as well as the quality of the sale, (additional items, customer data capture, types of products sold)
- Utilizes good judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where demonstrates exceptional customer satisfaction skills, resolves conflicts and issues in a timely manner for mutual benefit at store level.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak clearly in English, although some locations may require a bi-lingual skill, (Spanish), as well to effectively communicate with staff and customers.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume environment.
- Build positive relationship with peers, subordinates, customers and suppliers.
- Continuously evaluates processes and results and search for methods of improvement, communicating if necessary.
- Follow internal controls and company policies as set by company and job function.
- Contribute to the success of company by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
- 3 -5 years of retail management experience required
- High School graduate, college degree preferred
- Understanding of bicycle maintenance and operation
- Ability to use power tools in a safe manner
- Passion for fitness and cycling
- Competitive, entrepreneurial, organized and collaborative
Founded in 1971, Cannondale is a global designer, developer and manufacturer of high performance bicycles, apparel and accessories. With a...