DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
Assumes leadership role with accountability for maximizing store business results by consistently creating exceptional Customer experiences. Facilitates achievement of business results by providing uniquely responsive Customer service, compelling merchandise presentation, operational integrity, optimal staffing and Associate development. Achieves company objectives and enhance the DSW brand image by modeling our values; accountability, humility and collaboration. Develops and implement agile strategic plans to achieve business results. Fosters teamwork and collaboration within the store and district. Leads efforts to ensure customers experience customer service that is Friendly, Helpful, Passionate and Real. Reports to District Manager. Supervises Store Associates, Operations & Merchandise Managers, Assistant Operations & Merchandise Managers
Sales and Service
– Facilitates consistent, exceptional Customer experiences through the effective execution of the MOD role. Coaches the store team on the link between service behaviors and business results to support our Service Model and DSW Mission Statement. Ensures effective communication of direction, and education to the team. Maintains optimal staffing and scheduling while being responsive to changes in traffic and business trends. Provides leadership and communicates to associates Check Check Match service model. Responds to customer feedback. Maintains KPI standards.
– Recruits, selects, trains, develops and retains high performing and productive managers and sales associates. Communicates goals and provides leadership which inspires total associate commitment to company objectives and values through effective performance based coaching, motivating recognition and timely, constructive feedback. Provides development opportunities for associates that support company growth. Writes and conducts annual performance evaluation for associates. Develops associate schedules and processes payroll. Coordinates all management candidate and new hire process (paperwork, offers, etc). Communicates and ensure compliance to Company Policies and Procedures. Communicates information provided in the various Company communication materials (Footnotes, memos, e-mails, etc)
- Associate and Team Development
– Ensures store appearance and visual standards/presentation that are consistent with the DSW brand image. Responds to business trends by communicating information to District Manager as needed. Ensures store is compliant with established ”Brand Experience” standards
– Manages resources to maximize financial goals. Fosters knowledge and integrity with regard to compliance with company policy in all practices. Effectively uses resources and business partners to resolve issues with a sense of passion. Recognizes when to change strategic direction to attain and sustain maximum results. Educates team on the link between operational integrity and its’ impact on facilitating an exceptional Customer experience. Oversees daily store cleaning, recovery, maintenance and inventory. Uses monthly Ops Assessment to identify and correct operational deficiencies in the store. Ensures training is conducted regarding LP and Safety standards
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proven ability to motivate others
Proficiency in base computer use, including e-mail, MS Word or other word processing program and Excel or other spreadsheet program.
Minimum of Associates degree or equivalent work experience
Minimum 4 years retail managerial experience
May be required to travel by air, car, train, etc.
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
DSW Inc. - 19 months ago