POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
Responsible for overseeing the daily operation of an Envision Base Service Store located on a military base, including store inventory, promotions and sales. Provide overall supervision and training of staff.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of importance)
• Manage employee work schedules to ensure the store is properly staffed during all scheduled store hours.
• Manage 2 to 10 employees, including performance feedback, evaluations and goals. Ensures that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all staff are defined and understood.
• Prepare the daily sales accounting and reconciliation reports.
• Provide primary responsibility for safeguarding of store assets, inventory and cash.
• Ensure back deposits are made daily via internet system.
• Ensure on the job training for new hires as well as ongoing training opportunities for staff is identified and conducted as needed.
• Ensure store excels in maintaining exceptional quality and customer service standards.
• Perform outside sales calls on local businesses. Provide regular reports to Regional Manager.
• Ensure the store is stocked and merchandised appropriately, and maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
• Maintain an accurate and fiscally responsible inventory; routinely monitor reports to control inventory.
• Coordinate with the BSC Project Manager on promotions and special sales events.
• Promote the store in the community through active involvement with select civic and business organizations.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintenance of all equipment, building and grounds, and building security.
• Provide research, analysis and recommendations for capital purchases.
• Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of three years of retail experience and/or training and demonstrated managerial skills required; inventory and merchandising and marketing experience a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft computer applications and database management.
• Possess desire to provide exceptional customer service, improve overall sales, and reduce costs.
• Must possess strong organizational, mathematical and leadership skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good analytical and problem solving ability.
• Ability to establish, implement, and achieve performance goals.
• Ability to actively support the mission of Envision.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _2-10_
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _1__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
Envision - 10 months ago