SUMMARY: Manages a Flyers Convenience Food Store engaged in selling general lines of merchandise, prepared foods, and gasoline, by performing the following duties shown below. Is responsible for directing the day-to-day operating activities of the assigned store in accordance with Company image, profitability, guest service, safety, and personnel standards. This position reports to the Area Manager responsible for the location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Give all guests prompt and courteous service.
- Provide fuel island service to guests as needed.
- Promote and support Company image standards.
- Prepares work schedules and assists in directing team members to specific duties, including but not limited to appropriate use of Discussion Planner forms.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing merchandise displays and signage.
- Inventories and orders merchandise and gasoline to replenish merchandise on hand.
- Monitors compliance of team members with established security, sales, safety and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Answers guest’s complaints or inquiries.
- Executes the expectations required for a Store Manager as outlined by Company policies.
- Executes and complies with Daily Manager Expectations program.
- Maintains inventory and cash controls to include enforcement of all company policies and procedures.
- Execute Virtual University level testing program with all Team Members.
- Responsible for all aspects of operating a 24 hour location.
- Performing a competitor’s gas price survey as required by Company procedures.
- Supervises team members in the daily operation of the site including performance reviews, discipline, scheduling, training and recommended promotions.
- Ensures compliance of team members with established security, sales, safety, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Recruits and interviews potential Store Team Members.
- Conducts safety program and enforces observance of safety regulations.
- Is knowledgeable of and has the ability to respond to emergency situations as described in Company’s IIPP
- Completes all Environmental tasks and programs as required by Company policy.
- Responsible for communication of Company Policies to team Members.
- Complete all certifications as required by governmental agencies and Company policy.
- Executes Marketing and image of the assigned location.
- Executes and complies with Manager’s Daily Expectations program.
- Correctly processes Lottery and Lotto transactions.
- Verifies bank deposits and ensures they are delivered to the bank daily.
- Process HelpDesk requests as appropriate.
- Changes cash register receipt tapes and ribbons when needed.
- Completes a variety of logs, worksheets and other data collecting records to account for cash receipts and store merchandise.
- Communicates with area manager regarding guest requests and vendor-related concerns.
- Checks in external and internal vendors according to corporate procedures.
- Consistently reports to work on time and in accordance with assigned work schedule.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises team members in the Flyers Convenience Store. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Flyers policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; scheduling: addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Possession of a valid and appropriate Driver’s License and automobile insurance in accordance with Company Standards.
- Promote and support Company image standards.
- Complies with Company meal and rest break policies.
- Conducts quarterly store meetings for the purpose of resolving problems and corporate issues, safety procedures and MSDS updates and information.
- Adheres to all city, county, and state regulations including verifying age with a valid I.D. for age restricted sales.
- Presents a neat, clean appearance in uniform as prescribed by the Company.
- Work in a safe manner at all times and report all accidents immediately.
- Monitors the operations of store equipment for proper functioning; performs minor or routine repairs or adjustments as needed. Reports broken equipment to the office which was not repaired at store level.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of performing each of the above stated essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school: or six months to one year related experience and/or training in the management of retail operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Other education and/or experience may be considered as a substitute.
LANGUAGE and/or COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and team members. Ability to communicate with guests using the intercom system for instructions and plus selling.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work schedules may at any time, as required by business operations, be adjusted for definite or indefinite periods of time so as to increase, decrease or otherwise change any non-exempt team member’s daily, weekly and/or shift hours of work and/or the days a team member will report for work.
Monster - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard