STORE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
To ensure customers receive
excellence in service and product quality.
To perform, support and manage all aspects of store operations. To act in conjunction with the General Manager in achieving company sales and profit objectives. To act in the capacity of General Manager for extended periods of time each week or in the General Manager’s absence. To assist in the leadership and management to the Production team and store staff.
- Maintains a respectful workplace, which exhibits the company values.
- Assumes full General Manager responsibilities in absence of GM, approximately 33 percent of each week, or whenever the GM is not in the store.
- Directs workloads and assigns
staff to achieve product quality standards, labor goals and service standards.
- Performance manages Production associates regularly and entire store team in absence of GM.
- Has authority to hire, terminate, and discipline all store staff in absence of GM or in conjunction with the GM and appropriate HR and DM partnership.
- Trains and develops all production associates and assists in the training and development of all sales associates.
- Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Manages store operations as assigned by General Manager.
- Monitors inventory levels and takes steps to reduce inventory shrink.
- Assists in the preparation of sales forecasts, along with production planning.
- Plans and manages all products that require additional preparation.
- Assists in effectively managing product availability and shelf life of all products at the store.
- Maintains store facilities and equipment; completes monthly operations and quality audits to ensure associate and customer safety.
- Manages food safety and sanitation guidelines set by local and federal agencies.
- Practices and enforces all Safety and Security Guidelines set out by the company, including performing weekly security audits.
- Is up to date on Store Communications, Corporate Communications, and Promotional Information.
- Completes, with General Manager, the P&L variance report.
- Performs daily checkout and cash drop at bank as required as well as other administrative duties and communicates discrepancies to the GM.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Resolves all customer complaints in a timely manner, utilizing appropriate judgment.
- Participates in business building activities to promote catering line of business including sales calls and community activities.
- Picks up product from other stores, delivers product as needed, and performs errands as needed.
- Maintains the Maintenance Calendar and assists in ensuring repairs are handled in a timely manner.
- Assists with period-end procedures.
- Performs other duties as required, which may include the use of a personal vehicle.
- Financial results as measured by sales growth, expenses to budget, labor cost control and loss prevention.
- Business Growth as measured by catering growth, fund raising, business to business gifting sales and sales promotion results.
- Overall operations as measured by inside and outside quality assurance audits, operational audits, product quality evaluations and health inspections.
- Customer satisfaction as measured by mystery shops, customer feedback tools and service execution ratings.
- 3-5 years of Retail or Restaurant Management experience or related field
- Experience recruiting, hiring, training, and developing employees
- Experience in growing sales and providing excellent customer service
CERTIFICATES, OR KNOWLEDGE:
- An Associates Degree or general business knowledge equivalent to an Associates Degree preferred
- Basic understanding of P&L statements
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
SAFETY HAZARDS OF THE JOB:
- Requires long hours at all holidays.
Requires use of own vehicle.
- Requires bending, stooping, standing, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Requires working directly with customers.
- Requires working with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment and conditions
- Works with machinery and production equipment including slicing machine blades and gas or propane torches
The Store Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in managing the budget assigned to his/her store with respect to revenue and expenses.
REPORTS TO THIS POSITION
The Store Manager directly supervises the hourly staff as assigned by the General Manager.
The HoneyBaked Ham Company - 20 months ago