The Store Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the store. He/she must demonstrate leadership by maximizing profits, sales and the customer service experience. The Store Manager will hire, train and manage store associates to achieve the sales and profit goals. Ensures that store maintains excellent visual presentation and housekeeping standards. Operate the store in accordance with the company’s operational guidelines. Follow all loss control procedures and ensure proper floor coverage to maximize store volume. Organize and prioritize all operational functions.
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations
- Improve profitability by managing controllable expenses such as payroll, supplies and shrinkage
- Set an example of exceptional customer service by leading sales efforts on the selling floor
- Teach and monitor each associate to do client development
- Recruit, train, motivate and retain quality sales associates. Have bench strength for potential open positions.
- Set goals and manage to expectations by clearly communicating to the staff the metrics by which success is measured in each area of the business
- Meet monthly with each associate to discuss performance by reviewing productivity vs. goals. Coach and provide suggestions for improvement as necessary and address with progressive documentation as required.
- Maintain a high level of visual merchandising and housekeeping standards
- Perform daily paperwork reconciliation and other operational tasks
- Protect store assets and inventory. Reconcile inventory to identify and reduce shrinkage.
- Implement company policies and procedures
Benefits include clothing allowance and generous employee discount
- Prior experience in retail sales is preferred
- A sales driven, goal oriented individual who needs to win
- Have a positive, high energy, friendly, outgoing and engaging personality. Must be willing to take the first step to initiate contact with the customers and identify their shopping needs.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills allowing for effective communication with your customers
- Possess computer skills to operate our retail POS system, Word, Excel and email
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 15 pounds when merchandising the sales floor and use ladders or stairs
Kellwood Company - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Who would be one of the leading US apparel makers? Kellwood would. The firm generates most of its sales from women's wear, including...