We are seeking a dynamic, customer service driven Store Manager who is a hands on seller for our Mott Street NY NY location. If you are up for the challenge of a fast paced, high energy environment we'd love to hear from you.
The Store Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the store. He/she must demonstrate leadership by maximizing profits, sales and the customer service experience. The Store Manager will hire, train and manage store associates to achieve the sales and profit goals. Ensures that store maintains excellent visual presentation and housekeeping standards. Operate the store in accordance with the company’s operational guidelines. Follow all loss control procedures and ensure proper floor coverage to maximize store volume. Organize and prioritize all operational functions.
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations
- Improve profitability by managing controllable expenses such as payroll, supplies and shrinkage
- Set an example of exceptional customer service by leading sales efforts on the selling floor
- Teach and monitor each associate to do client development
- Recruit, train, motivate and retain quality sales associates. Have bench strength for potential open positions.
- Set goals and manage to expectations by clearly communicating to the staff the metrics by which success is measured in each area of the business
- Meet monthly with each associate to discuss performance by reviewing productivity vs. goals. Coach and provide suggestions for improvement as necessary and address with progressive documentation as required.
- Maintain a high level of visual merchandising and housekeeping standards
- Perform daily paperwork reconciliation and other operational tasks
- Protect store assets and inventory. Reconcile inventory to identify and reduce shrinkage.
- Implement company policies and procedures
Benefits include a clothing allowance, a generous employee discount, health benefits (medical, dental and vision), life insurance and participation in our 401K program.
- Minimum three years experience in retail management
- Full understanding of specialty retail, including business development, visual merchandising and store operations
- Computer skills to include operation of retail point of sale system, Word, Excel and email
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 15 pounds when merchandising the sales floor and use ladders or stairs
- Strong leadership critical thinking and problem solving skills. Delegate responsibility and work to the staff.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills allowing for communication of the company’s goals and objectives
- A positive, outgoing, high energy personality that is entrepreneurial, who is sales focused and takes full ownership of the store’s business at all levels
- A mentor and leader to staff and peers. Developing individual’s strengths and identifying opportunities.
- A trainer able to teach skills in customer service, selling, and operations
Who would be one of the leading US apparel makers? Kellwood would. The firm generates most of its sales from women's wear, including the...