Reports To : District Manager
The primary responsibility of a Store Manager is to provide leadership and manage all processes of store operations to maximize store sales and profits. This position requires a high level of initiative, creativity and frequently exercises independent judgment.
Builds a High Performance Team
Drive for Results
Planning and Organization
- Sets the example in identifying and responding promptly to Customer needs.
- Ensures and holds team accountable in providing a consistent and fulfilling Customer experience
- Models the behaviors in establishing and maintaining relationships with Customer to increase sales growth and repeat business through credit card, email and designer program.
- Creates schedules that meet Customer traffic needs.
- Recruit, Hire, Train and Develop a strong store team to provide an inviting, enjoyable, and fulfilling shopping experience to all Customers.
- Provides performance feedback on a consistent and timely basis.
- Recognizes and celebrates performance that meets and exceeds company standards.
- Promotes a fun, caring and safe work environment and holds store team accountable.
- Ensures support of the Open Door Policy with all associates.
- Creates an open and professional environment of exchanging information. Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in written format and maintains the company’s confidentiality practices.
- Possess strong Interpersonal Skills to include: Listening and Conflict Resolution.
- Ensures timely completion of all auditing procedures/paperwork review as outlined by the Operations Manual.
- Assesses the store’s business goals, customer base, traffic patterns and uses the information to strengthen a store’s business.
- Effectively executes promotional merchandising plans and maintains presentation standards as directed by the company.
- Maintains merchandise pricing and the accuracy of inventory levels.
- Protect and maintain company assets and resources to include, but not limited to, cash control, inventory, product handling and physical facility to prevent theft.
- High School diploma or some college preferred.
- 2-5 years equivalent management experience – retail preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Ability to work a minimum of 45 hours per week, based upon the business needs of the store.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to handle and transport company funds daily to the bank location designated by Kirkland's Inc. Transportation of company funds will be conducted in a manner that does not place the funds in a vehicle with any non-Kirkland's Inc. person(s).
Job Requirements :
- Ability to lift and move 45 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to lift and move bulky merchandise on a regular basis
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb and lift to stock and retrieve merchandise from stockroom and sales floor on a regular basis.
Kirkland's - 17 months ago
When you just deplore your bare wood floor and feel the need to improve your home's décor, Kirkland's hopes you'll explore...