The Store Manager position is critical to the success of the Shinola brand. The position provides leadership to the store team and is responsible for the day-to-day operations and the successful execution of the Shinola retail sales strategy. Offering superior customer service and a distinct customer experience is paramount to the success of our brand, so this position must display excitement, a professional presence and demeanor, confidence to promote and protect the Shinola brand as well as being an expert in all products and categories offered by Shinola.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Seek opportunities to increase sales, manage store inventory, and labor costs.
- Monitor sales progress on a daily basis looking for trends, tendencies and results against key targets.
- Execute pricing strategies by reviewing merchandising activities; recommending additional sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends, etc.
- Merchandise the store based on advertising, sales promotion, and/or display plans.
- Protect customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Customer service:
- Ensure and motivate employees to maintain excellent customer service; offering courtesy, service, and a friendly approach to every single customer.
- Educate and quiz employees about all products on the floor.
- Maintain favorable overall retail store image to customer satisfaction, both interior and exterior (i.e., floors, lights, walls, merchandise displays, etc).
- Ensure every employee greets each customer.
- Customer’s comments, inquiries and complaints shall be the priority for every employee and, if any action is needed, it shall be taken immediately.
- Human Resources:
- Train and develop employees with special emphasis on product knowledge for every category and good customer service practices.
- Attracts, retains, recruits high caliber talent.
- Builds a succession plan with strong talent pipeline.
- Addresses poor performance. Initiates and administers corrective action when necessary. Ensures timely follow-up.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services.
- Ensures all cash handling and cash register function are performed accurately and consistently in accordance with company policies, practices and procedures.
- Public Relations:
- Build a strong relationship with the community: customers, influencers, local authorities and organizations, vendors, different media outlets, etc.
- Raising public awareness by organizing, promoting, and hosting events as well as other community outreach programs in conjunction with the Shinola marketing team.
- Other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Friendly and approachable when interacting with all customers and employees.
- Analytical when reviewing existing practices and evaluating or recommending changes.
- Confident to anticipate questions, concerns, risks, opportunities and voice his/her opinion to the team.
- Independent to exercise sound judgment and make sound decisions within the area of his/her responsibility.
- Flexible and adaptable to become a team-oriented individual that fits in a collaborative fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
- Initiative to take on tasks and set own priorities and deadlines and put forth the maximum effort.
- Organized to understand, and prioritize projects, tasks, and assignments in order to handle a constant stream of “high-priority” projects.
- Receptive to appreciate diversity of ideas and backgrounds in a diverse working environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of retail management experience, preferably with a specialty retailer.
- Resides in Detroit
- A bachelor degree in business preferred, but not required.
- Proven track record in achieving store sales goals and in leading a sales team.
- Experience in the consumer goods, textile, apparel, or watch industry not required, but highly preferred.
Notes about the job:
- Travel requirement: negligible.
Note : Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Shinola - 11 months ago