Tommy Bahama defines relaxed, sophisticated, island-inspired living, with a complete collection of men's and women's sportswear, denim, swimwear, accessories, a complete home collection and restaurants. Tommy Bahama is looking for a qualified Retail Store Manager to join our efforts to create an island lifestyle that inspires the world to relax.
Take responsibility for the store with the purpose of leading the team through what we refer to as the 5 P's: People, Profit, Product, Presentation and PARADISE. Lead by example through motivation, support, and communication and with the ultimate goal of providing an exceptional and rewarding lifestyle experience for both internal and external guests.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Create a learning and nurturing environment for all Retail Team Members that promotes sales and service success, and internal career growth.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase qualified applicants, including but not limited to proactively recruiting. Thoughtfully hire, develop, and mentor store team.
- Maintain appropriate staff levels.
- Minimize employee turnover rates by focusing on hiring qualified people, taking time to effectively orient new employees, set clear performance expectations, train, coach, and give constructive performance feedback.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve productivity.
- Facilitate implementation of company learning/training programs, follow-up and monitor performance to ensure transfer of learned skills on-the-job.
- Build strong sales and service relationships with guests through inspiring and motivating the team into action. Set the tone, pace, and consistently role model key sales and service behaviors with every team member creating an optimal guest purchase experience.
- Cultivate an environment of open, authentic dialog with store team, regional and home office partners.
- Practice proactive performance management in partnership with the Regional Manager (and HR when necessary) to ensure adherence to employment policies and procedures.
- In partnership with the Regional Manager, assist employees with career development strategies to improve employee retention and to build bench strength.
- Collaboratively monitor the daily use of the Manager on Duty (MOD) program for Assistant Store Manager and Floor Supervisor leadership development.
- Drive profitability and promote an entrepreneurial spirit in all aspects of store operations while remaining brand appropriate.
- Manage individual store expenses ensuring budgetary compliance.
- Achieve sales plan through efficient planning, execution, and business analysis.
- Manage expenses in compliance with store budget.
- Ensure consistent execution of Company policies and procedures.
- Develop/streamline store processes in partnership with Regional Manager and Retail Operations Manager.
- Manage payroll hours to budgeted payroll percentage.
- Proactively manage all aspects of loss prevention to ensure the protection of company assets including cash, merchandise, and company property.
- Incorporate and administer applicable safety programs for the store, employees, and guests.
- Proactively seek out marketing opportunities/outreach within the community to increase brand awareness and store exposure.
- Participate in business financial planning as requested.
- Responsible for the management of the store's P & L statement to meet/exceed business financial goals.
- Monitor the daily use of the MOD program shift coverage to enhance guest service, increase sales and maximize productivity of staff.
- Support the direction of the brand through merchandise assortments appropriate to store market and promote the use of Product Knowledge as a tool to enhance employee productivity, sales, and service levels.
- Analyze the business to provide specific weekly store trends, assortment needs, and guest feedback to merchant team.
- Ensure strong partnership with the Regional Manager and merchant teams by providing market-specific input for the execution of seasonal buys.
- Embrace brand direction by integrating product knowledge education and fashion direction with the store team.
- Be a strong ambassador of the brand by personally representing the season's trends and key items for the business.
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
- Communicate the Tommy Bahama lifestyle through brand execution, both visual and experiential.
- Create strong partnership with Regional Visual Manager to enhance the store presentation and to develop the skills of the floor merchandiser.
- Lead and direct the merchandising process in conjunction with the floor merchandiser to ensure consistent and appropriate execution of the visual merchandising philosophy and seasonal guidelines.
- Ensure merchandising and visual standards are executed to maximize sales while maintaining brand philosophy and direction.
- Ensure employee appearance appropriately reflects the Tommy Bahama brand image.
- Manage upkeep of physical store in partnership with Regional Manager and Facilities Manager.
- Responsible for embracing, articulating, and reflecting the Tommy Bahama Culture.
- Influence the store team to embrace, articulate, and reflect the PARADISE Core Values
- Demonstrate the Tommy Bahama PARADISE Core Values in all business decisions and actions.
- Commit to maintain the culture through the evolution of the business.
- College Degree in Business or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years retail experience
- 3+ years management team supervision
- Exposure to Retail Merchandising concepts
- Exposure to Retail Visual concepts
Tommy Bahama is full of smart, creative islanders. We support a work hard, play hard culture and hope you are ready for the challenge. We provide excellent compensation packages, including medical/dental/vision benefits, generous clothing discounts, aloha/paid time off, and much more.
- Extremely strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, listening skills, ability to check for understanding after direction is given, basic math skills, strong organization skills, ability to multi-task, talented director of internal and external guest relations, team builder, computer skills (Microsoft Office,) proven track record of increasing experience and responsibility.
About Tommy Bahama
Tommy Bahama is part of Tommy Bahama Group, Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Oxford Industries, Inc. (NYSE:OXM)....