Responsible to create the Vera Bradley experience through overall store operations management. Responsibilities include exceptional customer service; visual merchandising; staff management, development and training; upholding store image standards; general store operations; and sales goal achievement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Hire, train, motivate and retain a team of qualified associates that communicate and represent the Vera Bradley philosophy
· Maintain payroll budget, and manage controllable expenses to maximize profitability
· Develop Vera Bradley loyalty by creating an outstanding experience for both associates and customers
· Lead the team with exceptional sales and strong MOD presence while on the floor, setting the pace for team
· Promotes community involvement to drive brand awareness and loyalty
· Communicate the Vera Bradley brand aesthetic, philosophy and lifestyle to the sales associates and guests
· Uphold the Vera Bradley brand standards through exceptional visual merchandising
· Provide a clean, organized and inviting environment for both customers and associates
· Oversee daily, weekly, monthly processes to ensure operational integrity
· Manage all human resource related tasks including recruitment, performance management, payroll and scheduling, health and safety, and store security
· Maintain a knowledge of established policies and procedures
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· High School Graduate. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Retail Management or related field preferred
· 3 - 5 years retail management experience. Experience in specialty retail strongly preferred
· 2+ years directing or managing/supervising experience
· Experience with retail POS system. DataVantage a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Polite and professional
· Exceptional sales skills
· Ability to lead, motivate and promote a team environment
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
· Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Proactive, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
· Available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
· Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching
· Strong sensory skills such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
· Ability to occasionally lift up to 35 lbs.
· Occasional overnight travel as required for company business
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer.
Vera Bradley loves women with lots of baggage. The company designs, makes and sells quilted handbags and travel bags, as well as...