Provide accurate and efficient handling of merchandise in the warehouse areas resulting in increased sales and profitability at the lowest possible cost and to secure IKEA as the best home furnishings store in the local market.
Your main tasks will include:
- Pick and load customer orders in Full serve with proper loading methods to avoid damages and secure customer satisfaction
- Follow proper procedures for handling customer returns Back to Stock.
- Verify and inspect consolidated customer order to determine order is completed and precise without any damages
- Performing physical movements also from overstock locations as per internal order sheet or other requisitions and monitor that quantities and destinations are accurate
- Report damages or other inventory differences on articles or equipment
- Keep damaged merchandise to a minimum and follow inventory control procedures
- Maintain Sales location with strong focus on efficiency in picking and replenishment
- Ensure positive interaction with the customer at the home delivery counter by validating customer information, payment and condition of goods.
- Ensure accurate and timely handover of goods to the delivery provider
- Maintain aisles, supplies, tools and equipment in an as new conditions
- Maintain a clean, organized work area following waste management guidelines
- Adhere strictly to safety and security procedures including accurate and safe pallet placement in racking
- Improve and maintain knowledge on Efficient Goods Flow Concept and range
- Assist managers with training new coworkers
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:Knowledge/Experience:
- Successfully completed all material handling equipment certifications training
- Ability to work with goods flow equipment
- Ability to work with utility knives and related tools
- Ability to handle scanner equipment
- Computer aptitude with SGF/MHS experience
- IKEA certifications required
- Previous high volume warehouse and operating required equipment experience preferred
- Ability to work in a team
- Service oriented
- Willingness to share your knowledge and learning
- Problem-solving and basic mathematical skills
- Legible handwriting
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
- Work Location: Fast-paced, deadline driven, high volume retail store,
- Physical/Mental Demands ( Essential Functions): Bending, stretching, reaching, and lifting; to lift and move 50 lbs (25 kg.)
- Physical/Mental Demands (Non essential Functions): Ability to access and observe all areas of the store. Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress. Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers and manage conflict.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Additional Information This is a Part Time position, 12-19 hours per week, requiring weekend availability; weekday flexibility is a plus. Candidate must be at least 18 years of age. Previous warehouse and forklift experience preferred. Job ID 140433BR Removal Date 06/24/2012
IKEA - 11 months ago
Since its founding in 1943, IKEA has offered a wide range of home furnishings and accessories of good design and function, at prices so low...