As part of the Tempe, Arizona office the Storm Water Engineer will be responsible for preparing hydrology studies, hydraulic analyses and drainage plans within the office and may be called upon to support other offices within T.Y. Lin International. The Storm Water engineer position requires technical experience in hydrology and hydraulic analysis in preparation of drainage studies. The position will require coordination with agencies and other engineering staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare plans and details using different CADD Platforms (AutoCad, Microstation).
- Understand and utilize various software programs specific to the drainage discipline such as HEC-1, HEC-RAS, the Bentley suite of programs, StormCAD, and FLO-2D. Experience using ArcGIS is preferred, but not required.
- Complete drainage analyses, design and document the process within drainage reports for a variety of projects (large and small).
- Understand and guide projects through the various regulatory agency (ACOE, ADWR, FCDMC, etc.) permitting processes, while ensuring proper standards and methodologies are being used on projects.
- Conduct field visits, site inspections and report documents as needed to verify existing conditions.
- Attend society meetings and other meetings to network at the discretion of the Storm Water Group Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a BSCE degree and valid Arizona Professional Engineer’s License. A minimum of 5 years or more of experience in the civil engineering field with an emphasis in the drainage discipline is required. Maricopa County agency experience is preferred, but not required. The candidate must have a strong technical interest in the design, permitting, and construction of drainage projects. Must have the ability to prepare and stamp reports as a professional engineer.
T.Y. Lin International - 20 months ago
T.Y. Lin International Group is a global, multi-disciplinary engineering services firm recognized for solving some of the most significant...