Places books that have been processes by Receiving on shelves to be picked. Uses RF scanner to accurately record the placement of books.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by management):
• Loads books from receiving trolley onto stowing cart.
• Identifies space on shelves to stow books following guidelines.
• Uses RF scanner to record locations and quantities of books stowed.
• Identifies receiving errors related to quantity and quality of books.
• High school education or equivalent and up to three months experience.
• Knowledge of RF scanning devices helpful but not required.
• Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s and perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions and deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and lift/move up to 10 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and frequently lift/move up to 50 lbs.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note ⇒ The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, and physical demands required to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1st & 2nd Shift Opportunities
1st Shift 7am to 3:30pm / $9.50 per hour
2nd Shift 4pm to 12:30am / $9.50 + $1.25 Shift Differential
YBP Library Services
This employer participates in E-Verify. Baker-Taylor will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Baker-Taylor is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Baker & Taylor - 14 months ago
If you've strolled through a library recently, you likely saw a lot of Baker & Taylor (B&T) without knowing it. The #1 supplier...