Janrain, the leader in user management solutions for the social web, is growing its business development team and seeking Strategic Alliances Manager to add further potential to our already accelerated growth. Janrain is investing in its strategic partnerships with Salesforce.com and others to expand its reach and is only adding business development professionals with the track record and desire to contribute to building a world-class SaaS company.
This person and will be charged with working directly with Salesforce.com executives and sales teams to identifying and qualify co-sell opportunities, and manage to completion partner sourced opportunities. Must have the entrepreneurial initiative and relationship-building skills to create and lead ongoing opportunities between Salesforce.com and Janrain. Must have familiarity with Salesforce.com’s organization, products, and partner ecosystem. Must have strong deal, strategy and relationship management experience to increase these strategic channels worldwide. Candidate should have good listening skills to be able to identify both the customer and partner’s needs and the ability to quickly learn and be able to communicate the value proposition of a Janrain and Salesforce combined solutions.
This is a great opportunity to get into a dynamic, funded and promising growth stage company with products and services that enable websites to gain significant benefits by enhancing their user acquisition, engagement and measurement.
- Responsible for identifying and sourcing opportunities from the Salesforce.com channel.
- Develop a fundamental knowledge of partner ecosystem and core client needs.
- Proactively build relationships with all levels of the partner organization and create buy in across stakeholders to produce impactful outcomes.
- Identify strategic partner opportunities, formulate partner strategy, motivate team members with a shared vision and ensure real business value by driving partner and business alignment.
- Assisting Janrain’s direct sales teams in engaging Salesforce.com on co-sell opportunity’s, throughout the full sales cycle, from qualifying to close.
- Demonstrate agility and expertise in seeking new ways to improve joint solution offerings.
- Networking, educating, relationship-building, articulating Janrain’s value proposition and solution at multiple levels of the Salesforce.com organization.
- Creating and executing a partner go-to-market strategy with Salesforce.com, sales teams, and Janrain executives.
- Meeting individual channel objectives related to pipeline building, opportunity development, and ultimately sales execution (closing) to achieve company growth objectives.
- Passionate channel champion who can provide world-class program management and thought leadership across assigned partner base to increase revenue and drive incremental business opportunities
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships within Janrain’s internal organizations to ensure that all partner needs are met
- Responsible for creating and maintaining partner pipeline reports and management reporting on a weekly basis.
- Create governance methods to establish clear roles and responsibilities, drive accountability at all levels and work through key blockers to drive success.
- Serve as the primary ‘face of Janrain’ for the Salesforce.com partnership participating in events, and contributing to thought leadership in the space.
- Demonstrated success in partnership creation and channel management in the Enterprise software industry.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in business development or channel management at a SaaS start up, successfully implementing channel strategy to drive dramatically increased sales.
- Experience with Cloud/Saas vendors and their strategies/business models
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com
- A proven track record of high growth and consultative sales.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with solid experience in presenting and delivering key messages to internal and external audiences and C-levels
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong passion for and knowledge of technology, emerging media and the Internet.
- Excellent research/lead generation, data and analytic skills. Ability to assess business opportunities, track and analyze results.
- Ability to effectively manage time, reach decision-makers and quickly determine opportunity potential
- Tenacity and ability to think on your feet
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business or Technology
- Comfortable with weekly/monthly travel to Partners as necessary
Janrain - 16 months ago