Tracking Code: 10422
This position is in support of the Military Health System (MHS) Strategic Communications Office, in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs (HA). The MHS Strategic Communications Office (MHS SC) develops and executes a worldwide communications program in support of the Military Health System (MHS) health care program, a multi-billion dollar health care enterprise affecting 9.6 million beneficiaries. The MHS communications program includes developing and directing a comprehensive, aggressive strategic communication plan to increase public awareness of the accomplishments and direction of the MHS in health care delivery, population health promotion, medical research, medical education and training.
We are looking for seasoned Communications Task Leads to work in support of the Military Health System Office of Strategic Communications. Qualified candidates will be able to:
- Execute approved communications plans utilizing multiple media channels to include the web, social media, blogs, on line articles, and pod casts.
- Must be able to lead a team of content developers to and work with other communications organizations and subject matter experts to develop articles, blogs, social media posts, outreach and press kits.
- Must be comfortable managing both content writers and web designer, video-graphers, and graphic artists.
- Work independently and in small groups in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines. Must be able to smoothly step into a leadership role or move into a supporting role depending on the task.
- Exhibit creativity, strategic thinking, writing, editorial, and presentation skills. Ability to exercise sound judgment in a dynamic and highly political environment is required.
- The candidate should have knowledge and skills sufficient for advising program managers and senior leadership on appropriate communications efforts in response to issues of concern to the DoD leadership, national news media and other stakeholders up to and including Congress. He/she should also be capable of representing the MHS SC office in staff meetings, work groups, planning meetings.
- Additionally, this position requires mastery of communication principles, methods, practices, and techniques; analytical thinking; and interpersonal relations skills to apply this mastery in developing new methods and approaches in planning, integrating, and evaluating the overall MHS communications program including the launching and guiding of informational initiatives for new programs and policies.
- Experience working in a DoD environment preferred, but not required. Knowledge of Defense Department public affairs policies and practices a significant plus.
- Former military journalists and PAOs are encouraged to apply. Job location is near the new Defense Health Headquarters in Falls Church, VA.
- The ideal candidate will have three to five (3-5) years of professional experience in developing public relations and media campaigns.
Job Location: Falls Church, VA, USA
Position Type: Full-Time
Dynamics Research Corporation - 17 months ago