Strategic Consultant - PROS
What does a pre-sales Strategic Consultant do?
The Strategic Consultant has responsibility for all aspects of the pre-sales process and, in conjunction with a Software Sales Executive(s), navigates and guides our prospects through initial solution design to a decision to purchase.
The Strategic Consultant:
- Leads a structured discovery processes, delivers a point-of-view on sales challenges, drives solution demonstrations, and constructs compelling value cases to show our prospects how they make money with PROS software
- Provides thought leadership around best practices. This includes presenting at industry conferences, delivering speaking engagements, and participating as an ‘expert’ in social media.
- Deep understanding of external sales organizations and the challenges faced by sales leadership (including challenges around quoting, pricing, account management, configuration, deal management, sales performance management, high number of customers, rebate and program dollars flow, distributed pricing decisions, large branch networks) developed through 6+ years’ experience in the industry
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills used to translate data and trends, along with market and customer insight, into advising our prospects and customers about developing and executing a clear strategy.
- Team lead experience in developing and executing sales effectiveness solutions for a leading software or consulting company.
- Experience using an enterprise pricing solution, CPQ solution, or complex BI application
- Demonstrated experience exceeding goals and financial targets
- Experience developing go-to-market plans, business cases, and ROI / TCO cases
- Significant pre-sales and enterprise / applications / solution sales and/or consulting experience
- Willing to travel approximately 50% of the time to prospects and customers based in the US and Latin America
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s degree considered a plus.
SmartPros Ltd. (SmartPros) provides learning and training solutions for specific markets, including accounting/finance, legal, engineering,...