Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
Orchard recently became a publicly traded, independent company.
We are in the process of building a world class Marketing organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
Strategic Marketing & Analysis Director
The Strategic Marketing & Analysis Director leads a small team to provide leadership and accountability for Orchard Supply Hardware’s customer segment strategy. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Marketing, this position will advance the company’s marketing capabilities, bringing a higher level of strategic marketing and analytic discipline to understanding the customer, translating insights into actionable marketing campaigns and programs that deliver strong business results. A business leader, this person will be expected to gain the respect and credibility for strategic marketing across the organization.
· Lead the planning of the annual marketing strategy to include maximizing the impact of the marketing spend, driving the brand's value proposition, increasing customer loyalty, targeting specific customer segments, and local market focus;
· Drive revenue growth by developing and implementing customer-centric marketing strategies, plans and programs that reflect a deep understanding of external trends and internal business requirements;
· Provide customer and competitive insight to the business, including a deep understanding of the customer to inform communications, product/service positioning, and marketing and sales programs;
· Utilize strategic marketing techniques to better segment the market and work cross-functionally to establish and execute integrated marketing messages and value propositions;
· Identify, assess and lead new marketing initiatives to advance the company’s position in the marketplace; build business case to evaluate alternatives and support recommendations;
· Leverage the existing equity in the brand, while clarifying the message and brand promise; build and execute communication strategies to elevate brand awareness, image and relevance;
· Take ownership of plan execution by writing concise and complete creative briefs to ensure creative team’s understanding of the strategy and consistent brand delivery;
· Manage marketing launch plans to include brand strategies, market research, competitive assessments, product positioning, media plans, public relations and marketing programs, while measuring and tracking market acceptance and ROI;
· Ensure that Orchard is maximizing the return on every marketing dollar spent;
· Identify and gain buy in from key stakeholders and participants around the strategic approach and value prop;
· Coordinate and promote strategic discussions with multiple external organizations including vendors, technology and marketing partners;
· Work closely with the Merchant team on the use of, and/or development of, Orchard’s private label brands;
· Develop marketing talent and contribute to creating a high performance marketing organization;
· Directly responsible for the management and performance reviews of the team;
· Prioritize numerous and overlapping projects, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and foster and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers;
· Identify and share best-practices to continuously enhance team’s impact;
· Help develop and improve workflow.
· Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field is required; Master's or MBA is preferred ;
· 10-15 years of progressive marketing or related experience; 2 or more years experience working for a retail organization; 3-5 years management experience;
· Ability to shape market research priorities and to run and manage highly complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner; mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is critical to this role;
· Demonstrated success in implementing large-s cale projects;
· Strong communication skills; ability to interact with key senior executives;
· Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to exhibit diplomacy and decisiveness;
· Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills;
· Detail-oriented with excellent planning and organizational skills;
· Aptitude for finding creative solutions to complex problems;
· Ability to work with little supervision.
Orchard Supply Hardware - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...