Assume functional support for the Capacity Planning & Management, Project Planning & Management, R&D Performance Metrics and Clinical Trial Information Management work-streams in the corporate Enterprise Project Management (EPM) environment. This position is responsible for collaborating and partnering closely with PPM Management, various TGRD functions, IT and various other stakeholders to lead cross-functional efforts in the scoping, planning and implementation of global strategic capabilities for capacity, project, R&D performance metrics and clinical trial information management. This position will also be responsible for coordinating the collection of functional and user requirements for the enhancement/development of current/future PPM and R&D systems and reports. The Strategic Operations Analyst will work to ensure the integrated business and system requirements will be done in alignment with other EPM work-streams (e.g., Finance, HR, Project Management, Clinical Operations).
- Serve as business/user liaison to IT for Strategic Operations and Project Management
- Support the design and implementation of enterprise-wide Capacity Planning & Management, Project Planning & Management, and R&D Performance Metrics capabilities and ensure capabilities support both near term and long term strategic needs.
- Conduct performance analyses to support regular reporting activities - understand business problem, propose alternative analyses, conduct data query and analysis, and develop/draw-out key insights.
- Provide analytical support to redesign projects on the creation of business cases, cost/benefit analyses and benefits measurement. Provide expert input or advice to other departments, where appropriate, in the best use of metrics for planning and performance measurement.
- Facilitate the collection of functional and user requirements for the enhancement/development of current/future PPM and associated R&D systems and/or reports.
- Prepare monthly PPM reports and scorecards for TGRD and TPC Leadership and R&D department managers.
- Scorecards will be used to evaluate and analyze performance to goal at the company and functional level
- Annual performance report for TGRD to evaluate fiscal year performance
- Benchmark TGRD's performance metrics to the industry benchmarks
- Propose and define desired PPM and R&D strategic capabilities, business scope, requirements, process and system solutions based on the needs of the organization.
- Leverage and adapt best practices in portfolio and resource management.
- Facilitate integration with other EPM workstreams (e.g., CTMS, Finance, HR), where appropriate
- Ensure clean data transfer and/or reporting between and among TGRD R&D systems
- Facilitate effective stakeholder management, change management and communication through members on the various work
- Monitor and manage business transformation and impact
- Coordinate the formulation of information management approaches for PPM Operations, R&D Operations, Biostatistics & Data Management, and R&D Finance.
- Coordinate collection and reporting of portfolio data within TGRD and TPC.
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an analytical role, (analyst / programmer, data administration) using a wide-range of methods and tools to collect and analyze large datasets.
- Experience in project management and strategic planning processes and tools
- Microsoft Project and Project Server
- Excel based modeling
- Microsoft Access
- Relational database (SQL, Oracle, etc…) design and coding
- Experience in programming in a client/server environment (e.g., Use of Business Objects, MS-Excel and other analytical/ data reporting tools)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, etc…)
- Bachelors Degree in the Life Sciences, Information Technology or Business Administration
- Pharmaceutical Industry and/or Pharmaceutical R&D consulting experience
- Experience identifying and monitoring performance metrics
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of R&D business processes
- Demonstrated analytic, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Extensive relational database (Oracle preferred) and SQL scripting knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to gather and interpret information from multiple internal and external sources
- Understanding of pharmaceutical development, R&D processes and objectives; as well as experience in the development and/or implementation of performance measures or systems.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral), organizational, relationship building, and consulting skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to lift and carry over 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment i.e. computers, phones, etc.
Less than 10% travel is required.
We are driven to improve people's lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard