The Strategic Operations group is seeking a Strategic Operations Analyst to join its team in Kansas City. The Strategic Operations group provides analytics, timely information and support to Senior Management to assist in their efforts to make decisions and implement operational improvements that enhance the Company’s performance. The team executes acquisitions and subsequent integration activities, financings, investments and partnerships/alliances based on WireCo WorldGoup’s strategic priorities. The team is responsible for global budgeting, strategic planning, monthly sales and margin analysis, operational KPIs, special projects and presentations to the Board of Directors.
The Candidates should possess strong analytical skills and be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This position will take an active role in all aspects of strategic planning and analysis. He/she will work closely with other division leaders on data collection, business analysis, developing tactical and strategic insight and delivering recommendations to management. While assignments are wide-ranging, they typically involve financial and quantitative analysis to support the Strategic Operations team in making informed data-driven decisions about short-term and long-term direction of WireCo WorldGroup. The individual will also interface with external advisor's as necessary when engaged to support strategic objectives.
Research, analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources into business information as directed and by self-identification of business information needs
Provides and/or develops extensive MS Excel and Powerpoint reports to support other functions with timely and accurate Executive and Board of Directors quality deliverables
Work with Senior Management and business units to determine strategic objectives and identify opportunities to meet these goals
Evaluate business opportunities globally, including acquisitions, partnerships, ventures, and internally developed projects
Participate in all phases of the transaction life-cycle, including identification, assessment, due diligence, negotiations and closing
Enhance the group’s infrastructure and improve connectivity with the firm’s other businesses
Limited travel requirements, but opportunities for international travel
Support the annual strategic planning process
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative and analytical skills
- Self-starter with strong desire to learn
- Ability to multi-task and focus closely on details
- 2-5 years of experience with financial statements and financial modeling.
- Excel skills critical
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of organization
- Ability to manage complex large data sets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a drive to deliver outstanding results
- Strong interest in the manufacturing and industrials industry
- Positive attitude towards work and challenge
- Access, SQL, and advanced excel a plus
WireCo WorldGroup is the global leader in manufacturing, engineering and distributing wire rope, wire rope assemblies, high carbon wire,...