Strategic Partner Manager
Yahoo! is focused on making the world's daily habits more inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog (yodel.yahoo.com).
Yahoo! has always been about bringing our users the very best of the web. The Global Product Partnership team’s core mission is to enable product and feature development by forming innovative and strategic partnerships. At a company that prides itself on being partner friendly and creating delightful experiences for its users, you will play a critical part in creating the best user experiences in the world across all Yahoo! properties from Flickr and Yahoo! Mail to Mobile and Ad Products.
As a Strategic Partner Manager (SPM), you will play a key role in influencing the development, enhancement, and optimization of Yahoo!’s core products. Through management of Yahoo!’s most strategic relationships, you will enable a vital feedback loop between Product, Engineering, and Partners necessary to ensure that Yahoo! is implementing the most innovative solutions for our users and partners. You will work side by side with your Product colleagues to define holistic product plans that incorporate third party relationships core to product (partner landscape, content availability, value-exchange).
You will also be responsible for managing, negotiating, and leading high-impact strategic deals (content, data, and technology licensing agreements).
As SPM, your product vision and passion for technology will enable you to provide internal strategic vision, drive cross-functional projects, and provide thought leadership, resulting in key decisions and execution, applying product and deal negotiation expertise to strike strategic partnerships for Yahoo!
- Manage large strategic content,data, and technology licensing agreements
- Work with key internal stakeholders and partners to drive innovative solutions for Yahoo!’s users
- Provide technical expertise to define scalable solutions for acquiring data and content
- Define partnership strategies, and go-to-market plans
- Drive internal consensus on strategic decisions by leading cross-functional groups to present recommendations to senior leadership
- BA or BS degree
- 4 (SPM) years of directly-applicable deal/account-management experience, and a solid understanding of relevant partnership business models
- MBA or other advanced degree (e.g., JD or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field) preferred
- Superb quantitative/analytical skills
- Passionate about internet business and capable of working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong persuasion, prioritization and relationship building skills are essential; and comfort influencing partners and co-workers at all levels of an organization
- Comfortable with managing multiple projects with tight deadlines and a sense of urgency
Yahoo! Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...