Rabobank Group is a global financial services leader providing wholesale and retail banking, leasing, real estate services, and renewable energy project finance. Founded over a century ago by Dutch farmers as a banking cooperative, Rabobank today is one of the largest banks in the world, with nearly $1 trillion in assets and operations in more than 45 countries, and ranks among the 10 safest banks in the world (per Global Finance “World’s 50 Safest Banks” April 2013). Through its tremendous financial strength and global network, Rabobank has the tremendous resources, broad international reach, and flexibility to deliver innovative, robust solutions and knowledgeable counsel wherever and whenever our clients require.
Headquartered in The Netherlands, Rabobank Group was founded by Dutch farmers in the 1890s, as a collection of small cooperative banks to serve their rural communities. The cooperative model was designed to provide a fair and reliable source of credit to local customers, through a system of shared liabilities, pooled resources, and reservation of profits. Throughout the 20th century, Rabobank expanded its business scope and geographic presence, adding a broader range of banking and financial services to meet the needs of customers in the Netherlands and internationally, while maintaining its cooperative structure and principles.
Internationally, Rabobank is the premier bank to the global food and agriculture industry, helping finance the growth and success of farmers, ranchers, and food, beverage, and agribusiness companies around the world. Rabobank’s agricultural knowledge is unparalleled and its bankers are experts in their fields, delivering a combination of local market insight, global perspective, and deep sector knowledge that is unmatched.
In North America, Rabobank has 9 offices and provides wholesale banking products and services tailored to clients in the food and agribusiness and renewable energy sectors:
• Lending and Credit
• Trade and Commodity Finance
• Acquisition Finance
• Renewable Energy and Infrastructure Finance
• Global Client Solutions
• Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
• Food & Agribusiness Research and Advisory
• Capital Markets
Finance is responsible for the financial, management, and regulatory reporting for North America. The group ensures proper policies and procedures are in place governing the entire reporting process, including budget, profit & loss, balance sheet, economic capital, MT packages, and other reporting requirements. This position also plays an integral role with the businesses and support areas as an advisor, liaison and process innovator in a business control function.
**This is a short term contractual position reporting to the Manager of the Performance Management (VP) who in turn reports to the Executive Director of Strategic Planning and Support**
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Primary coordination of 2015-2020 Strategic Plan document including US Operation view including Wholesale, Retail, Leasing as well as North America Wholesale business line view, Legal entity GAAP vs. IFRS view. This will include quantitative as well as qualitative key performance indicators.
• Work with other Rabobank affiliates to create standard data collection template that meets needs of both Wholesale and Retail businesses and regulatory requirements
• Work with local business managers to split the US Wholesale consolidated budget into a Legal entity split and incorporate into annual Rabobank IFRS budget process
• Prepare relevant presentations to local Management
• Act as partner and advisor to the businesses and support areas and challenge strategic assumptions
Key Performance Indicators:
• Timely and accurate submission of a 2015-2020 Strategic Plan document to meet various stakeholder requirements; US Operation view including Wholesale, Retail, Leasing as well as North America Wholesale business line view, Legal entity GAAP vs IFRS view
• Analytics that are satisfactory to local management and the project team
• Works well within the team.
Knowledge of financial budget planning or forecasting Previous experience working on strategic plans a plus
BS - Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or BA in Economics or relevant work experience
At least 5-7 years in Financial Reporting or Controller’s function
Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
Ability to work well under pressure and tight deliverables while dealing with senior mgmts. challenges
As a cooperative bank, Rabobank builds long-term relationships with our customers and our employees. We are close financial “partners” to our clients, focused on serving their needs. Our culture is one of collaboration and teamwork, with strong commitment to fostering sustainable employee-bank relationships.
Rabobank New York Branch offers a comprehensive benefits program that is among the finest in the industry featuring: Medical/Dental/Vision Plans; Defined Contribution (401k) Plan With Employer Match; Paid Vacation based on position and length of service; Life and Disability Insurance; Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Plans; Transportation Reimbursement Incentive Plan; Educational Assistance Program. Also offering Portable Voluntary Benefits including Pet Insurance; Automobile and Homeowner’s Insurance; Cancer Protection Plan; Legal Insurance Plan; Optional Life and Disability Insurance.
Rabobank - 30+ days ago
Rabobank Group has its roots deep in Dutch soil. Founded as a cooperative of Dutch agricultural banks in 1898, the company has some 140...