Truven Health Analytics delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, and pharmaceutical companies have relied on its solutions for over 30 years. Truven Health Analytics combines deep clinical, financial and healthcare management expertise with innovative technology platforms and information assets to make healthcare better, collaborating with customers to uncover and realize opportunities for improving quality, efficiency, and outcomes. Truven Health Analytics owns some of the most trusted, proven brands in healthcare such as Micromedex, Action OI, Advantage Suite, Marketscan, and 100 Top Hospitals. The position of Senior Analyst, Market Intelligence will report directly to the Director, Strategic Planning and Analysis, and will be part of the overall corporate strategy/business development team. This individual will be responsible for aspects of project management, market research, and business issue analysis related to specific business development and strategic planning projects and processes. Specific projects and responsibilities will evolve over time based on priority and business/market/competitive context. Essential Duties/Responsibilities: Contribute to business development, market intelligence, and strategic planning efforts and projects, working closely with strategy and business leaders across the organization. Evaluate potential acquisition targets to help ensure a robust and strategically aligned target pipeline. As appropriate, support business development activities including target pursuit, review, diligence, and closing; track opportunities and update internal tracking reports; and summarize M&A benchmarks. Perform industry research and analyze market, competitive (traditional and non-traditional), and customer trends utilizing a variety of sources to help assess possible market opportunities pertaining to Truven Health Analytics. Analyze technologies (current industry standard, commercial off-the-shelf technologies, emerging, and potentially disruptive) and business models that may impact the business or create new opportunities and make recommendations for incorporating into the product roadmap and/or strategic, partnering, or acquisition plans. Contribute to strategic analysis projects and support strategic planning processes, including market sizing and segmentation. Qualifications: |
Location: This position can be located in Chicago, Denver or Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience in research, market intelligence, corporate development, strategy consulting, or transaction finance roles; healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Strong analytical (industry, market, and business) and quantitative skills; demonstrated success in synthesizing complex and diverse information.
- Ability to develop structured and fact-based reports (e.g. narrative assessments and presentations) that include succinct conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and work collaboratively across different work groups.
- Strong attention to and appreciation for detail with proven ability to manage multiple tasks (simultaneously) and deliver quality outcomes within short timeframes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Truven Health Analytics - 14 months ago
Truven Health Analytics, formerly the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters, delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks and...