UtopiaCompression is seeking a Strategy Planning Manager to work on business strategy, market analysis, and creative product roadmap development. The Strategic Planning Manager will lead the effort to integrate the insights from in-house R&D teams and, along with extensive market research, develop new insights/business opportunities, as well as inspire creative ideas. This position provides a unique opportunity to lead the effort to develop the vision, and monetize the research and technology within UtopiaCompression in Computer Vision, Sense & Avoid for Unmanned Aerial Systems, tactical edge networking, image and video compression, satellite communications, and intelligent medical diagnostics.
The ideal candidate must be a visionary with the ability to understand proprietary technical capability and discern a successful pathway towards identifying customer value, product features, brand positioning, marketing plan, and revenue models. The Strategic Planning Manager should work closely and communicate effectively with the research engineers and senior management to create a cohesive strategic plan. At the same time, the Strategic Planning Manager should develop a relationship with government based funding agencies, industry partners and academic collaborators to create an ecosystem of innovation.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Conduct research and analysis on key industry sectors and specific business opportunities related to the R&D expertise of the company.
- Analyze opportunities in market segments associated with the company research portfolio including Computer Vision, Sense & Avoid for Unmanned Aerial Systems, tactical edge networking, image and video compression, satellite communications, and intelligent medical diagnostics.
- Liaise on key projects with the funding agency and large industry collaborators to improve integration, while keeping the partnership aligned with the strategic goals of the company.
- Understand government funding roadmaps and requirements to inform the company's strategic plan for effective commercialization in the government sector.
- Get market feedback from government agencies, industry expositions and technical conferences to assist in developing the overall business strategy.
- Prepare presentations and other materials related to key strategic initiatives and industry trends.
- Develop financial models and assess viability of various product development efforts, equity investment initiatives and partnerships.
- Assist in development of the Commercialization Plan in grant application.
- Assist with formulating agency corporate strategy and driving the strategic planning process.
- 4+ years of strategic planning and business development experience at start-ups, and/or large technology companies is preferred
- Strong and proven ability to think critically and select the right opportunities
- Ability to understand complex technologies related to UtopiaCompression and the intuition behind their effective application. An engineering background along with the business experience is preferred
- Capable of driving internal stakeholders to a consensus on important issues
- Comfort with a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly ambitious (and ambiguous) start-up environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside the company
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized, a problem solver
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
- Excellent planning, forecasting, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience working in a high-growth or start-up technology company preferred
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
UtopiaCompression Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard