Strategic Planning and University Advancement Grant Writer
The Office of Strategic Planning and Accountability, located in Albany, New York and New York City, is seeking an experienced professional to secure resources and funding necessary to implement the goals of SUNY's strategic plan. SUNY's Strategic Plan encompasses 17 teams that have individual initiatives to advance the entire SUNY system. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in obtaining various grants. The position is intended to support SUNY's strategic plan The Power of SUNY and University Advancement. The Strategic Plan Grant Writer will report to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Strategic Planning and University Advancement and will have the option of working in either the Albany or New City Office.
• Participate in building relationships and networks with partners throughout the SUNY System, in higher education, government, local and national organizations, and others.
• Conduct research to identify appropriate grant opportunities.
• Develop and write grants to support the programs, activities, and initiatives relating to the Strategic Plan and University Advancement.
• Oversee the administration of grants received, including acting as the office liaison to the Sponsored Programs office and carrying out responsibilities for grant reporting and evaluation.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of two years' experience in grant writing.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Ability to be flexible, positive, take initiative, and demonstrate good judgment.
• Excellent writing, editing, oral communication, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills are required.
• Experience with Higher Education is a plus.
• Some travel some travel may be necessary.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent fringe benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online www.suny.edu/supemployment. The Search Committee will begin the review of applications immediately and continue until the position is filled.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, color, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, criminal conviction, domestic violence victim status, or retaliation.