UTC Climate, Controls & Security is the leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security solutions. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
AREA OF EXPERTISE:
We have an exciting opportunity in our Pricing Group to build relationships with salespeople and independent distribution, provide critical updates to the SAP pricing database, while also creating tools to support the residential pricing department and external reporting requirements. This role will provide analysis and support of pricing/marketing programs as well as financial analysis and reporting. We are looking for someone who has an innovative skillset in creating, developing, and deploying data analytics tools across a broad internal customer base.
Dual focus between account management for two-step distribution, including fielding all customer inquiries (e.g. price negotiations, cost-benefit analysis, financial impact analysis, competitive analysis of price structures, quoting) and data analytics, focused on maintenance of the SAP pricing database system (e.g. implementation of price changes and product launches). This role will also be responsible for creating, developing, and maintaining complex reporting tools.
- Support product launch process for all new residential products, and mass pricing initiatives (e.g. pricing increases)
- Responsible for ad-hoc requests and projects (e.g. pricing trends, competitive requests, cost/benefit analysis)
- Relationship management across key customers, sales team and multiple brands
- Measure price performance at the micro and macro levels amongst key customers, sales channels, brands and products
- Provide comprehensive customer support and regional account management for assigned distributors
- Conduct financial analysis to review sales performance for key accounts
- Manage requests from the tactical quote level to the strategic level with big picture business impact perspective
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project
- Contributes to the team or department by applying their knowledge of development and quality review cycles
- Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others
- Has in depth knowledge of the discipline and role
The ideal candidate will possess a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration or Economics.
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree with 4-7+ years' experience
- MA/BMS degree with 2-5+ years' experience
- 2-5 years in pricing or financial analysis role
- 1-2 years' experience with complex customer service, price negotiations and/or sales
- 2+ years' experience with monthly reporting metrics, data analysis & data manipulation
- Ability to work with, consolidate and present large amounts of data
- Data mining, scrubbing, and synthesis to create executive facing dashboard reports
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office especially Excel and Access
- Experience and proven capability with SAP and Business Objects knowledge preferred
- Proven capability to communicate professionally in written and verbal format
- Proven capability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with customers (internal and external) required
- Prior leadership experience on projects with demonstrated ability to make decisions and propose sound recommendations to management
The incumbent in this role will be responsible for complying with UTC's Code of Ethics, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements.
Carrier shouldered the load of keeping things hot and cold. The company was the world's largest maker of heating,...