Job Title: |
Strategic Project and Relationship Manager.
New York, NY
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The Sales & Case Processing Project Manager will support the development of innovative and highly visible projects for the Direct Businesses & Strategic Projects Case Management teamthrough design, delivery and measurement efforts. This rapidly expanding team works directly with sales and case processing contact and call centers, as well as with internal marketing, underwriting, payment processing, legal and compliance partners to drive process improvements, revenue generation, talent strategies and business efficiencies. The ideal candidate will enthusiastically take on any initiative, working closely with department leaders to identify, develop and execute appropriately. Exposure to proprietary and industry standard technology platforms will require the ability to synthesize business/ technical competencies to support top/bottom line business results.
Key areas of focus include: relationship management, managing multiple stakeholders, drafting business and technical documents, coordinating and delivering training, preparing short and long term strategic recommendations and successful collaboration with cross-functional vendors and partners
This position requires 25% travel, mainly to Hartford, CT, Columbus, OH and Tampa, FL.
Principal Accountabilities of Position:
Conduct analyses of current state business processes and work with partners to identify ideal future state, existing gaps, and develop strategic recommendation to obtain funding and implement.
Lead implementation of small/large scale projects involving replacing outdated technology platforms.
Produce and deliver training materials to sales agents, customer service representatives, underwriters, and case managers focusing on new processes, new products or improvement opportunities.
Review, analyze and create detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including use cases, process workflow, business and technical requirements.
Support and enhance application conversion and placement rates within the digital channel, including working with front line marketing and advertising, sales and supporting teams.
Deliver key project initiatives and updates to business leaders at the Director and Executive level
Support resource and talent management workforce planning and execution to scale channel growth to meet quarterly and yearly goals.
Coordinate IT partners to develop time schedules, testing procedures and critical user acceptance testing to meet project timelines.
Act as a liaison with sales partners and 3 rd party vendors to bring new products to market.
- 5-7 years related professional experience
- BA/BS required, MBA or similar advanced degree desirable
- Conceptual, analytical, and independent thinker who is a decisive problem solver
- Prior experience managing business and IT projects at all stages, including business case development, processing mapping, requirement writing, testing and leading launches
- Ability to synthesize large data sets to draw conclusions including analyzing metrics and analytics to build business cases for change
- Strong business judgment and ability to create customized solutions to improve processes and grow the business (process mapping, reducing inefficiencies and expenses, etc)
- Strong collaborator who builds team member confidence and is valued for high-quality analytic insights (working with multiple partners including legal and compliance)
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning about, insurance, telephone, web and direct sales
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
Global Brand, Marketing & Communication
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...