As a member of O.C. Tanner's Strategic Solutions Team, the Strategic Proposal Writer will assist in winning new, major-deal business and in retaining existing clients by responding to Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) documents and providing writing support as needed. In addition to strong professional writing skills, this position requires someone who thinks strategically, is creative, has a strong business sense and understands how to position O.C. Tanner against competition to best meet our clients’ and prospects’ needs. This person will ensure that language and flow in all client-facing proposal documents are consistent with O.C. Tanner’s sales strategy and visual and verbal brand.
• Leads responses to Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP), and related information requests to ensure compliance and the highest quality
• Analyzes RFP requirements, identifies gaps and inconsistencies, and crafts questions seeking clarification from business prospects
• Collaborates with sales management, regional sales offices and internal teams, to help develop proposal win strategies, solutions, references, and themes that support the win strategy
• Persuasively describes the features, benefits, and differentiators of O.C. Tanner’s products and services
• Tracks and monitors flow of all documents from inception to submission. Identifies and corrects problem areas as they arise.
• Works interdependently with everyone who can contribute to a winning solution, including proposal team members, contracts, pricing, sales management, marketing, operations, IT, and other subject matter experts (SMEs) as may be required
• Maintains RFP response content in the team’s knowledge database
• Performs competitive intelligence analysis and research
• Proactively seeks opportunities to learn and stay abreast of existing and emerging O.C. Tanner offerings
• 4-year college degree in Business, Journalism, Communications, or related field
• 1-5 years proposal writing experience
• Demonstrated experience in writing concise and effective proposal responses for a services type organization
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint
• Industry knowledge in Human Resources or Management Consulting is a plus
• Excellent organization/time management skills
• Ability to manage projects of varying types simultaneously in an aggressive deadline-driven environment
• Knowledge of employee engagement and/or HR topics and issues
• Positive, collaborative attitude
Open to internal and external candidates.
O.C. Tanner - 6 months ago