The Strategic Relationship Manager (SRM) will represent Life Technologies at strategic accounts where unique sales opportunities exist within the procurement relationship. The SRM will be responsible for a select number of strategic accounts with the mission to increase total revenue and profit via coordinated activities with other Life sales teams. The SRM will employ a customer centric approach, aimed at helping the procurement customer achieve a goal, solve a problem, or satisfy a need in keeping with Life’s goals and objectives. Throughout the execution of this solutions based selling technique, the SRM will position Life’s entire portfolio of products & services. The successful outcome of this approach is the creation of “Value” for the procurement customer, a proactive & collaborative business relationship moving forward, and incremental, profitable revenue for Life. The SRM will serve as the “Voice of procurement” to internal stakeholders to provide direction on procurement sales strategy and bring awareness to the need for and assist with the build out of internal org capabilities.
Experience and Skills :
- Responsible for proactive leadership and managing high level procurement interactions in order to maximize Life Technologies performance with identified strategic accounts.
- Develops strong relationships with C-level, decision makers, and other influential contacts in assigned strategic accounts to ensure mutually beneficial business results for Life Technologies and the account.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the strategic direction and business operations within assigned strategic accounts.
- Utilizes knowledge of industry trends and Life Technologies portfolio of products and services to establish targeted customer solutions to achieve short term revenue and long term business goals. Leverages all that Life Technologies brings to market.
- Develops account strategy in partnership with the field sales organization and key internal stakeholders.
- Structures and negotiates agreements, in partnership with Sales Teams, Sales Operations and Legal that provide strong contractual and brand protection and maximum selling opportunity.
- Ensures that organization structure and focus (direct and indirect) support account strategy and/or signed agreement. Accountable for influencing internal divisional stakeholders to generate end customer value and, holding customer accountable to delivering upon their commitments to Life Technologies.
- Has knowledge of and ability to sell Life Technologies entire portfolio of products and services.
- Understanding and ability to execute Life Technologies approach to interacting with the procurement point-of-contact at identified strategic accounts.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to maintain and promote diplomacy to arrive at mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Executive presence and comfort level in working with managers at different levels, including C-level, within Life Technologies and the customer’s organization.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation.
- Demonstrates superior listening, presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills; analysis, planning, organization, execution and follow-up.
- Exhibits internal & external organizational savvy, able to involve and engage various functional support areas to support strategies in a matrix environment.
- Proven ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Understands all aspects of account profitability and delivers performance that achieves Life’s business objectives.
- BA/BS required, Life Sciences discipline preferred.
- 8-10 years of relevant life science experience in a similar industry. Minimum of 5 years sales experience with a strong track record for sales achievement interacting with and influencing procurement and C-suite customers. Demonstrated experience achieving results while influencing without authority required. Sales leadership experience preferred.
- 30-50% travel.
- Strong proficiency with MS office (Word, PPT, & Excel).
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific researchers...