Responsible for supporting the Account Executives in designing, documenting, and presenting complex solutions for new and existing customers. This individual is seen as an expert in several technology disciplines and often represents OnX on advisory councils. Seeks out new technologies and solutions and assists in guiding the technical, sales, and marketing groups with their advice. Often a key speaker at marketing events and vendor meetings. Viewed as an expert within the company and within the industry and is capable of being quoted in industry journals and vendor articles. This role is reserved for an individual who has attained an advanced level of distinction in technical expertise and seniority within the Solution Architect career path and/or IT industry.
Technical Sales Support and Development - Assist Account Executives visiting customers, participating in project meetings and assisting with follow-up taking ownership of the technical content including but not limited to: Customer and vendor meetings, customer and event demonstrations, detailed Visio creation, customer facing and vendor technology presentations, white boarding skills, project management, following policy and procedures, configuration/sizing using standard and vendor supplied tools, research, technical writing, and establishment/nurturing of excellent customer/vendor relations.
Professional Services Support and Development - scoping of professional services service briefs and Statements of Work.
Collaboration and Continuous Improvement - continuous education in vendor solutions and certifications, team leadership for projects in a technical capacity with an understanding of business process implications, ownership of technical issues and understanding of escalation procedures (internal and vendor), mentor to peers junior to the Strategic Solution Architect role. Share information with peers.
Configuration/sizing using standard and vendor supplied tools (including detailed diagrams). Able to evaluate new tools and disseminate information throughout SA community at OnX.
Able to apply business and technical acumen within a customer environment to assist them establishing a strategic IT direction.
Mentor for Junior Architects.
Ownership of technical issues and understanding of escalation procedures (internal and vendor).
Continuous education in vendor solutions (including certification).
Full understanding of research tools. Reliable source of technical information able to be used to complete requests for information.
Understands all job related internal and vendor processes.
Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field of study and 10 years of relevent work experience or work experience equivalent
- Advanced Certification in three or more Information Technology disciplines
- Advanced understanding of general information technology with 3 or more aeras of expertise
- Deep understanding in at least 2 vertical industries
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Strong Visio skills when depicting customer solutions
- Able to understand complex business and technical requirements
- Very strong presentation skills
- Full command of all research avenues to get fast, accurate responses
- Expert ability to lead conversations with customers, peers and vendors
- Understands customer and vendor escalation procedures, initiating and following as needed
- Manage self/vendor projects
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite
- Regular overnight travel up to 50%
- Regular territory travel up to 50%
- Light physical demands such as lifting up to 50lbs.
- Varying work hours required on occasion based on business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent capabilities in scoping professionl services service briefs and Statements of Work
- Advanced mentoring skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive with sales and technical teams
- Ability to work within and lead in a virtual team environment
- Ability to listen and show thoughtfulness in customer meetings
- Displays a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Desire and ability to actively participate in vendor council meetings representing Agilysys
- Vendor certifications that lead to expertise, product access, and rebates
- Ability to deliver presentations to large audiences confidently
OnX Enterprise Solutions - 13 months ago