The South Asia Strategy and Coordination Unit provides support to the Region in four areas: (a) development and presentation of operational strategies, business plans and budgets; (b) coordination between the Regional Department, Industry Departments, Specialist Departments and the World Bank in the processing of investment and advisory projects, with particular emphasis on ensuring strategic fit, articulation of role and development impact, and mobilization of appropriate budget and staff resources; (c) control, monitoring and reporting on all aspects of IFC’s business in South Asia, including financial management, output data and development results; (d) representing the work of IFC in South Asia to HQ based constituencies, including World Bank Group senior management, the Board, clients and external constituencies. The
Work of the Unit involves frequent, time-sensitive interactions with senior management and the Board. The position reports to the Regional Head for Strategy & Coordination, South Asia Department, Mr. Shamsher G. Singh.
Duties and Accountabilities:
IFC South Asia is looking for a Strategy Analyst, with the following duties:
- Extract data on South Asia from internal and external databases, manipulate and present the data in a variety of formats for a variety of audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current advisory and investment operations in South Asia, and respond quickly to queries from HQ management and staff
- Construct and maintain reports to analyze and report on operational and development impact performance of South Asia
- Prepare presentations and reports to present information and analysis to a variety of audiences
- Conduct research and compile information from HQ sources for the benefit of field-based South Asia staff
- Under guidance of Manager or Strategy Officer, advise project teams on the country context, IFC role, strategic fit, World Bank Group objectives, and local markets
- Provide analytical support to work products produced the HQ based strategy staff.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, business or similar
- Two years’ work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries
- Familiarity with IFC databases (such as MIS, RMS, and other iDesk applications) would be an advantage
- Experience of IFC strategy and budgeting processes would be an advantage
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects simultaneously across different time zones
IFC - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices and sells...