The role demands an analytical, detail-oriented self-starter who possesses the ability to handle multiple tasks with confidence and maturity, and collaborate with every level of the organization. The ideal candidate will be able to achieve results independently in a dynamic work environment, build consensus across multiple parties and think critically and proactively about ways to impact business performance. This individual will be a key contributor to mission-critical initiatives, including improving business processes, driving performance from current contracts, and pursuing new avenues for top-line growth. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and broaden operational skills and make an impact at a fast-growing business.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Strategic Projects, the Strategy Support Analyst will support projects for analyzing customer and portfolio trends to identify opportunities for increased efficiencies, revenue, business alignment, etc. In addition, this position supports key strategic and operational projects through data analytics.
Responsibilities will vary according to corporate initiatives and priorities. Areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to, developing business analytics (including forecasting and trend analysis), mergers and acquisitions due diligence, mergers and acquisitions integration, and activities that support strategic planning. Job responsibilities include:
• Independently think critically about the business and derive useful insights based on analytical foundations
• Perform detailed historical business trend analysis to identify key performance drivers
• Develop complex financial (regression-based) and operating models and systems to forecast performance
• Support detailed diligence efforts on potential M&A targets
• Collaborate with team members across the organization to integrate new acquisitions and realize investment goals
• Present system-wide recommendations to multiple audiences (including executive team) in a coherent and clear format
• Research, gather, and integrate data from multiple internal sources
• Build core analytics processes and tools that can be leveraged in trending and forecasting multiple business lines
• Assist in the development of best practices for M&A, integration, business analytics and forecasting
• Other critical functions in driving quarterly results for a high-growth, industry-leading business
• May perform analysis or build tools for other projects as assigned based upon changing business needs.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong leadership, analytical, problem-solving, project management and/or financial modeling skills
• Ability to produce results and maintain positive attitude in fast paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional team members at all levels in the organization
• Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences
• Complex regression analysis and forecasting capabilities
• Ability to analyze, map and document business data flow involving systems
• Strong system skills with ability to quickly develop expertise in new systems and applications
• Knowledge of data systems, data management, manipulation of large data sets and statistical techniques
• Advanced skills in Excel, Access and other data analysis applications
• Experience with SQL preferred
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Able to solve complex problems, and resolve disagreements with informed, rational debate.
• Acts with confidence and achieves results
• Builds credibility and trust
• Mind-set of continuous improvement and adapts quickly to change
• Willingness to learn and commitment to excellence
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with exceptional organizational skills under pressure
• Knowledge of collections and debt recovery operations helpful
• Sit/stand/walk 8-12hr/day
• Lift/carry/push/pull under and over 10lbs occasionally
• Keying frequency, handling, reaching, fine manipulation
• Able to work in a pace environment for 8 hours/day
• Able to sit at desk, working on computer and phones for a full work day
• Able to work extended hours during critical project phases
Education and Experience:
• Three to five years of experience in financial (investment banking or consulting) or operational position within a dynamic business environment, conducting complex data modeling and business analysis
• Experience with collections and debt recovery operations highly desired
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
Performant Financial Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Performant Financial Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, political belief status, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
NO AGENCY SUBMISSIONS
Performant Financial Corporation - 7 months ago