Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com . Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com .
Strategy Analyst, Strategy & Analytics
Strategy & Analytics is the central strategy team for the Redbox line of business, responsible for using structured problem solving and analytics to make recommendations on Redbox’s major decisions to drive profitable growth. We are a small and highly collaborative team of professionals with prior experience in management consulting, investment banking, market research, data analytics and retail strategy. We collaborate on projects with a wide range of functional teams (Marketing, Content Acquisition, Client Relations, etc.) with analysis to support key business decisions.
The Strategy & Analytics team has multiple openings for Strategy Analysts at various levels. The Strategy Analyst position offers the intellectual challenge, high caliber peer group, and project variety often associated with top tier management consulting, as well as the opportunity to see the implementation of your analysis and build a career with a fast-growing company. Strategy Analysts lead projects that include internal data analysis, consumer research, market tests, predictive analytics, and financial modeling. Strategy Analysts have the opportunity to pursue advancement within the Strategy & Analytics function or a variety of other paths within the company, including Marketing, Long Term Strategy, Business Development, New Lines of Business, Operations, Finance and Customer Experience. This position will report to the Director of Strategy & Analytics.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
Recent Project Examples
- Work independently or as a member or leader of a small team to conduct rigorous, fact-based research and analysis and advise senior management on significant business problems.
- Take responsibility for projects from conception to completion, with guidance from Strategy & Analytics Directors and VP and collaboration with peers. Write the recommendations and present to executive leadership.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships with key internal clients and business partners include Marketing, Customer Experience, Sales, Content Acquisition, New Business, Operations and Executive Leadership.
- Deliver work that meets high standards of quality, accuracy, and relevance.
- Act as a key business partner with the Business Intelligence development team, contributing to the vision and driving requirements for the evolving BI data warehouse.
- Redbox Pricing : Conduct consumer research and market tests to quantify the price elasticity for redbox customers and recommend a change in price to executive leadership
- Digital Strategy : Estimate take rates of redbox customers for potential product offer based on consumer research and competitive analysis
- Video Games Strategy: Develop strategy and go/no-go recommendation for initial Video Games product launch and ongoing execution (e.g., purchase quantities, platform support, etc.)
- Competitive Landscape : Quantity the impact to redbox from changes Netflix made in Q3 2011 (e.g., price change announcement, proposed/retracted business separation) and identify opportunities for redbox to gain share through consumer research and analyzing third party data, Netflix financial statements and analyst reports
- Merchandising Strategy : Developing predictive models to optimize product placement (e.g., right product, right time) across the redbox network
- Redbox footprint : Advise on install strategy for redbox kiosks
Education and Experience:
- Strong intellectual curiosity, the ability to learn quickly, and experience leading projects from concept to results. Highly motivated to solve challenging business problems and have a direct impact on significant business decisions.
- Ability to work and manage deadlines at a fast pace and under pressure. Comfort with ambiguity, changing requirements, and limited resources or information.
- Strong business and financial acumen. Ability to understand the economic drivers behind a variety of business models. Comfort using financial data and reading financial statements.
- Adept at learning new software and analysis methods. Willing to learn SQL, SPSS Data Modeler, and Tableau. Interest in evaluating and recommending new tools and technologies, including product evaluation and selection.
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- Minimum 2 years of directly applicable experience in a challenging analytical role in a consulting, corporate, or entrepreneurial environment. Experience with consumer products, consumer insights, retail, or entertainment/media is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree. Strong academic record with challenging coursework. Evidence of analytical skills, problem solving, and strong logical thinking.
- Experience and comfort working with and presenting to senior management. Strong verbal communication skills, ability to articulate nuanced messaging and manage large group discussions.
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills including building financial and sensitivity models, pivot tables, and other advanced Excel functions, as well the ability to craft presentations identifying the key messages and storyline developed from analytical project work. Experience with data modeling, statistical analysis, or SQL is a plus.
Redbox - 14 months ago
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...