Alfred Benesch & Co., a multi-disciplined civil, structural, geotechnical and environmental engineering firm has an immediate opportunity for an structural engineer in our Milwaukee Office.
BSCE degree in Civil (Structural) Engineering with course work in behavior of materials, structural analysis, structural steel design, and reinforced concrete design. 0-2 years of related experience in analysis and design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Skill & Knowledge
- Collect, assimilate & integrate data
- Perform basic analysis of project elements
- Design multiple elements/component of a project
- Develop design details
- Develop cost estimates
- Coordinate drafting of a component
- Layout drawings for a project
- Check designs
- Verify design assumptions
- Write reports, meeting minutes
- Assist team by performing miscellaneous work
- Organize design & correspondence files
- Application of engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of appropriate software
- Knowledge of applicable codes & standards
- Competent use of CADD
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products
- Good writing skills
- Work independently
Benesch designs complex highway interchanges, major river bridges, parking structures and structural systems for high-rise buildings. We...