General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc., has an immediate need for a Structural Engineer III. This position can be based out of the Kilgore or Richardson facility.
Job Summary: To perform structural analysis and properly document engineering compliance for new and existing designs.
- Determination of structural loads on antenna system and components from wind, gravity, ice and seismic forces.
- Structural analysis of steel-, aluminum- and composite-fabricated parts, components and assemblies to determine stresses and deflections.
- Engineering analysis and design of reinforced concrete foundations for varied soil conditions.
- Determine appropriate types of foundations based on geotechnical reports.
- Dynamic analysis of structures and foundations to determine system characteristics.
- Computer finite element modeling and analysis for structural stress, deflection, and dynamic characteristics.
- Computer computational fluid dynamics analysis to evaluate the effects of wind and thermals on structures.
- Manual analysis of detailed components not accurately or efficiently modeled with finite elements.
- Support FEA analysis with classical hand calculations as appropriate.
- Determination of member sizes and connections based on AISC (steel) and/or “The Aluminum Design Manual.”
- Conversion of wind speed to wind pressures using ASCE-7.
- Work with engineers, designers, and drafters to ensure structural requirements are addressed.
- Technical writing and organization of documents that support analyses and design; document analysis performed.
- Maintain, organize and plan programs with intense structural requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Create scripts, macros, and/or programs to augment repetitive processes and assist with complex calculations
This position is with General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Government Systems, Inc., but which operationally reports into General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. Benefit packages and policies of General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc. may vary from those available at General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. You must be a U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the USA in order to work for our company. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Experience and Education
• BS and/or MS in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering specializing in structures.
• PE registration preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge and understanding of structural analysis concepts.
• Knowledge and understanding of recognized steel, aluminum, and concrete design codes.
• Advanced computer proficiency.
• Good communications skills.
• Clear and concise writing ability.
• Software: ANSYS FEA, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, SolidWorks Simulation, Microsoft Office, Visual Basic
Must be able to travel 20% of the time
No Clearance Required
General Dynamics C4 Systems - 2 years ago
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Mission Systems has developed lifesaving communication products, integrating them into secure...