Arnold & O’Sheridan, Inc. is a full service consulting engineering firm with offices in Milwaukee and Madison Wisconsin. Our skilled and technologically savvy engineers enhance the performance of buildings in the healthcare, higher education, corporate+commercial+civic, and justice +security. We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer responsible for the overall coordination and design of structural projects from inception through completion. You may be responsible for directing and managing a structural project team on assigned projects or be a participating member of a structural project team managed and directed by another individual. Responsibilities include:
- Organize and manage structural design efforts for multiple simultaneous projects in either a single or multiple disciplinary design environment
- Design and layout of structural engineering drawings for assigned projects and work assignments, including the preparation of plans, schedules and details
- Using Revit develop fundamental structural models of assigned projects that when used in conjunction with the application of structural design software completes work assignments
- Coordinate work with other disciplines in-house and clients/consultants out-of-house as necessary to complete projects
- Develop structural design specifications for assigned projects
- Design structural systems of cast-in-place, precast and post-tensioned concrete, structural steel, masonry, and wood for a variety of healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings with minimal direction
- Work closely with department technicians in drawing and detail development
A qualified candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering or Civil/Architectural Engineering program with an emphasis in Structural Engineering coursework from an accredited University/College with a minimum of 6 years of post graduate experience in structural engineering design. A Wisconsin PE registration required for this position - SE registration a plus. Working knowledge and proficiency in the use of a variety of computer programs including MS-Excel, MS-Word, MathCad, Revit, RISA, RAM, and ADAPT preferred. Must demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
We offer our employees an excellent benefit package including 401K match, company paid health, dental, and life insurance, a generous PTO program, opportunities for bonus and a small company culture that focuses on career development.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer