For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
Water, Wastewater, and Water Resources Jobs at CH2M HILL
Water - it is a natural resource and necessity for each person on the planet. Today, it is increasingly more challenging to provide and sustain clean water resources than ever. From exploding populations and meteorological changes to greater environmental and security regulations. As part of CH2M HILL ‘s Water Group you will be helping to provide solutions that enable people around the world to have access to safe, life-sustaining water. It is a big challenge, but the global and lasting impact is even greater. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Structural Engineer Careers – Dallas, Texas
The challenge? Help our clients provide and sustain clean water resources around the world. Our Structural Engineer positions provide you with the opportunity to support a structural engineering department for a multi-discipline engineering, procurement, and construction company. Each day you will perform tasks that include facilitating and coordinating drawing production, preparation of contract document, analysis, design, and support of construction services on a variety of water/wastewater treatment and industrial facilities projects . These projects will typically involve structural analysis and design of reinforced concrete, reinforced masonry, structural steel, and aluminum elements. You should be a self-motivated professional engineer with 5-7 years of experience in design along with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering with a Structural Engineering emphasis, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each new structural engineering task.
Our Structural Engineers :
- Perform the routine aspects of assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles
- Coordinate with other disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, and process engineering
- Analyze structures using various structural engineering software programs
- Prepare or check structural calculations and details of structural elements for various materials, predominantly steel and concrete
- Review drawings & documents and prepare technical clarifications
- Guide the designers/drafters to prepare structural drawings
- Coordinate requirements between other engineering disciplines and perform checks of documents and drawings of other disciplines
- Possess an outgoing and positive attitude, are dependable with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and provide a high quality of work.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering program
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in structural design or construction of treatment plant design
- Licensed PE
- Familiarity with STAAD and MathCad or other structural analysis software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
In addition to the basic qualifications, we also desire the following:
- MS Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited engineering program with post-graduate studies in structural engineering
- 7 years of engineering experience in structural design or construction of treatment plant design and/or design of liquid containment structures
- Licensed PE for Texas
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects
CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M HILL - 13 months ago
Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects that...