For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
Whether it is petrochemicals for plastics, or fuel for a tractor on the farm, the bottom line is the world needs oil. The one resource has countless uses for the things people rely on each day. From crude oil and natural gas, to new and renewable resources, your job in our Oil & Gas Group will serve an important role as we provide innovative consulting, engineering, procurement, construction and operations solutions to the world's oil and gas companies. This is your opportunity to discover the most challenging projects, develop as a professional to reach your career goals. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Structural Engineer – Houston, TX
The challenge? Helping ensure the world's supply of energy and chemicals. At CH2M HILL, we deliver solutions that span the entire breadth of the energy and chemicals industry. Our Structural Engineer positions provide you with an opportunity to work on small to large scale energy & chemicals projects. Each day you will be responsible for the execution of assigned projects according to the company's contractual obligations and the client's needs and expectations. You should be a self-motivated professional with 12-15 years of experience, a bachelors' degree in structural engineering, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each new structural engineering task.
Our Structural Engineers :
- Analyze structures using various structural engineering software programs
- Prepare structural calculations and details of structural elements for various materials, predominantly steel and concrete
- Develop structural specifications, design basis, scope of work, etc
- Reviewing the vendor drawings & documents and prepare technical clarifications
- Implement National Standards, Codes of Practice, software and requirements of engineering practices for all work performed
- Are fully aware of the Scope of Work, budget and Schedule for assigned projects
- Identify variations in a timely manner and report the impact on schedule and budget to Lead Engineer
- Guide the designers / drafters to prepare structural drawings
- Coordinate requirements between other disciplines and perform checks of documents and drawings of other disciplines
- Coordinate or perform discipline check for design documents and drawings
- 3D Modeling review
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited Structural engineering program or applicable field
- Minimum of 12-15 years of Structural Engineering experience
- Experience with structural analysis software, STAAD and/or RAM
- Professional Engineering Registration/PE license
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Preferred Years of Experience
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M HILL - 21 months ago
Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects that...