Provide civil/structural engineering consulting to refinery and chemical plant operations, maintenance and technical organizations. Conduct on site surveys and structural condition assessments of existing facilities, eg, deterioration of existing structures; damage assessments; incident investigations; Assist facilities with risk management activities to ensure compliance with Operation Integrity Management System expectations.
• Provide civil/structural engineering expertise to a variety of clients projects worldwide. Assist projects in meeting safety, environmental and capital cost objectives. Provide technical support throughout the development phase of projects from conceptual to final design/execution. Develop scope of work for conceptual studies, develop technical specifications, assist in contractor selection, and steward contractor's work throughout project execution.
• Participate in the development of company and industry standards. Interpret and explain company practices and industry standards and how they apply to plant facilities and projects
• Provide effective interface with business units, regulatory agencies, and industry organizations
Required Skills & Experience:
• Master's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience;
• Proficiency in the following civil technology areas
. - Structural Design and Analysis of concrete and steel plant structures and buildings
- Structural Inspection, Evaluation, Rehabilitation and Upgrading
. - Blast Resistant Design
. - Earthquake analysis
. - Foundations and pilings for equipment, structures and tanks
. - Dynamic analysis of rotating equipment foundations and structures
. - Earthwork, paving and roadways
. - Sewer/Drainage Design
• Minimum of 15 years of professional experience required - preferably within an operating company, or major engineering contractor (petrochemical or other heavy industry experience strongly desired);
• Strong technical & analytical skills; Ability to evaluate different conceptual designs; familiarity with structural analysis and design software.
• Candidates should be self-motivated and focused on achieving business results.
• Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills are essential; Excellent communication skills.
• Candidates must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
• Post-graduate degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• At least 15 years of industry experience
• Experience in oil and gas industry in similar role.